Thread: swamp lites

Default swamp lites

Has anyone ran the interco swamp lites? If so, how do you like them, and how do they compare to 589's? Thanks.

A buddy of mine has them on his Honda 400 (27" with a 2" lift). They seem to be good tires. I thought they might wear fast because the rubber feels a little soft, but so far so good. Here is a pic of it on a trip to Knik glacier last year -

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

They ride great and pull really well for not having a true mud tread. I have a set of 27's on my 07 Foreman 500 with no lift and they're pretty nice. I do alot of mixed riding with hard pack, mud, and now snow. They've worked well and I've had very little wear. If you primarily ride mud I'd go with the 589's. If you're looking for an all around tire then the Swamp Lites should do you fine.

Default swamp lites

thank you both for the input. Did you find them locally, or order online? I found a few sets online for around 500 for 26" swamplites on ITP wheels that have free shipping, i think i am going to try the carlile shipping, i called today and got an estimate. It will be $75.08 if the 4 wheels and tires are 180 pounds. Thanks again.

I bought mine online before I moved up here to Alaska a couple weeks ago. I paid $560 or so shipped from a website called traxms.com. Not sure if they'll ship here to Alaska or not.

Traxms is where my buddy got his too. They shipped free to the lower 48 and we had a friend who was driving to AK bring them up. Snowwolfe had some shipped to Carlisle in Seattle I believe and then they shipped them to Alaska.

Good luck and post a pic when you get them mounted!

Here is another tire you might look at - the Swamp Witch

They are similar to the 589, but the tread wraps around the sidewall much further.

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Yup. Have them shipped up here thru Carlile freight in Seattle. Last set of four Mudlites mounted on wheels cost me 60-65 bucks from Seattle to Anchorage if memory serves me correctly.
    Tennessee

Default carlile

Thanks snowwolfe, i found a link to carlile in one of your previous posts, called them a few days ago. They told me that for 180 lbs,(45 lbs per wheel and tire) it would be $75.08, and would take 4-5 days to get here once they received them in tacoma. Thanks for the info, and thanks to everyone for the replies.