Thread: Winshield Wipers for a 24' SeaArk?

Default Winshield Wipers for a 24' SeaArk?

I just spent the last 4 hours fighting to see in this rain. I have checked with Dewey's and SeaArk directly but nothing yet. Has anyone experimented with a particular wiper motor that fits with the SeaArk's windshield? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tony

Please post what you find out....last time we were out in ours was a real pain in the rear trying to see with all the rain. Then of course came heavy fog, it was an adventure to say the least. Definately need some wipers!

What did Dewey's and Sea Ark have to offer to this point?

was in a boat shop today and saw two brands of self installed wiper kits that looked real good for about 200 each wiper.

I use Imtra brand wipers on our boats and they seem to be the best. They are self parking, quite and compact. I believe they retail under $200. If you need more info or like to purchase P.M. me. I'd recomend the coastal plus the motor is smaller and mounts easier than the coastal. The wiper arms are adjustable and come in different sizes.

Mike
    http://www.imtra.com/product/marine_...er_systems.htm

Imtra's do look like they might work out best. I am or was close to filling out the questionnaire on there website but was hoping to learn from others what might work on seaArk. And there cost seems reasonable.

Dewey's was thinking about selling AFI's which also look like they might work, but most in Anchorage here are only selling the 2 1/2" shaft's. All I really need is to go through 1/8" aluminum. And while I am not faulting Dewey's, they have always been a great help, they told me they haven't sold one seaArk with wipers yet. And when I emailed SeaArk, they just pointed me to the Alaska dealers and sent me a new catalog. Again, I can't believe they have not sent a boat out with wipers yet but I guess not. BTW, I just picked this boat up in July so it's not brand new but rather a 2006.

I am or was hoping to learn from others on this go around but it looks like I will have to dive in...

But I am 2 days away from a 10 day moose/bear hunt so it looks like I will ending my 2010 boating year with my trusty squeegee's and rain X in hand... go figure.

But to sum it up, I think I'll be going with Imtra's when I get back. I have the room to mount the motor's inside and under the window with the WA configuration (see the questionnaire) and I'll mount a wiper on the starboard and port windows and leave the center without one since its a walk through windshield.
    Tony

This probably belongs in a PM but.........

I've got a new-in-package self-parking wiper that I was planning on installing on my 17 footer fish-and-ski. I'd let it go for a heck of a deal. I bought a big boat that came with wipers so I dont need this one any more.

PM me if interested

I think it's an AFI but I couldnt tell you for sure until after I get home from work today.

Yep, no windshield wipers stink...
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

Maast, Thanks but I'll be needing two of them.

As it turns out, I will be ordering the IMTRA's coastal series, with the Pantograph arms and blades. Ala cart order is about $260 for each setup plus shipping, but it will be done once installed. No more blinding trips, but it will have to wait until after this season I guess.

And here is a picture if anyone was wondering.
    Last edited by tzieli22; 09-08-2010 at 14:01. Reason: adding a picture is all
    Tony

ok i rigged boats at deweys for 7 years till i got hurt last oct and i put wippers on many sea arks it is a real pain also the length of shaft doesn't really matter long ones will work fine.deweys has been sold but go in the back and talk to ED ,he knows about installing them.

Savageak, thanks, I'll do that.
    Tony