Thread: Gun Safe in Anchorage

Default Gun Safe in Anchorage

I'm looking for gun safe and I'm wondering if there are any places in Anchorage, Eagle River, or the Valley I should look.

Also any suggestions on a goo safe would be greatly appreciated. I'm most interested in a safe that is going to protect my firearms from fire because I'm in living in an apartment so its not like I can really bolt a safe down. So if somebody wants to break in and take the safe they can. I'm mostly worried about some moron catching the building on fire.

Best safes I have seen are the ones at the lock smith on Wasilla lake off of Palm-wa across from wet willys. Expensive and heavy with notched bolts to keep them from being pried open. They may be heavier and more expensive than what you are looking for but worth a good look while you are shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Best safes I have seen are the ones at the lock smith on Wasilla lake off of Palm-wa across from wet willys. Expensive and heavy with notched bolts to keep them from being pried open. They may be heavier and more expensive than what you are looking for but worth a good look while you are shopping.
    I believe you are talking about Neils Locksmith (iirc)...I've heard multiple good reports from that place...

Sounds right to me. Him and a group of other locksmiths developed the design and had a safe builder make them to their specs. Very nice units, but the cost is reflective of the quality as would be expected!!

I bought a large Winchester Safe at the Diamond Costco for about half of what I could find any where else. It has a very good fire rating and I don't remember the number of door pins but I think 10 or 12. It will hold over 50 guns. They do not always have them but when they do they are a good price. Also when I got mine the Diamond store was the only one that had them . Very happy with it.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Costco on Dimond had safes as of two days ago. Seems like Sportsmans Warehouse usually has their safes marked down a few $100 from time to time. Another place to look if you're in south Anchorage is Action Security (on Dimond and a few other locations). I stopped in a few years ago and the sales guy seemed pretty knowledgable, but admittedly I knew very little about safes.

Jeff

I have gotten 2 Cannon safes from boondocks in eagle river. The deals at the sportsman show are usually pretty good.

Default X2

Quote Originally Posted by seant View Post
    I have gotten 2 Cannon safes from boondocks in eagle river. The deals at the sportsman show are usually pretty good.
    X2! I wanted the American made safe, Boondocks has 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I believe you are talking about Neils Locksmith (iirc)...I've heard multiple good reports from that place...
    You would be correct.

Neil is a great guy and fellow gun nut.

Boondocks in Eagle River also has safes.