Thread: Seward Silvers?

Default Seward Silvers?

Is there any places to fish for silvers around Seward that you wouldn't need a boat? If so how is the Silver fishing down there? Any help or hints would be appreciated.

From Nash rd you can fish Clear ck near the bridge, or you can pay five bucks further up the road to fish the flats. Farther up there's a campground at the mouth of Spring ck. I got two fat silvers from Clear last weekend an hour after the tide.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States, 106199619411091, Anchorage, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by calebsb View Post
    From Nash rd you can fish Clear ck near the bridge, or you can pay five bucks further up the road to fish the flats. Farther up there's a campground at the mouth of Spring ck. I got two fat silvers from Clear last weekend an hour after the tide.
    which tide?

High tide (plus maybe an hour travel time) for groups of silvers entering the creek as they will usually avoid anything shallow or clear. Many will stop to rest in deep holes and tangles, and you can get them any time if you're willing to lose a few hooks trying. You almost certainly won't see them. The flats and salt fishing will tend to vary by rhythms I'm not familiar with. There may be pockets along the beach where the fish hold to wait for the high tide, or a good rain, or whatever. When the chum were running the beach they just milled around at all hours, but I haven't fished the beach for coho yet.