Thread: Locked up blinds on public grounds

Default Locked up blinds on public grounds

Checked out a large wood blind today, large with walk way all around it, and a locked cabin in the middle, I assume to store deks and make coffee. I have guests coming this weekend, and thought, "boy if this is vacant this weekend, it would be ideal for the 4 of us". On further inspection, the gate on the surrounding fence, was padlocked, and looking inside, the door on the shack was padlocked. It did run though my mind breaking off the locks and using it, but I was though for the day and left it as is. I would think somebody would leave a contact number on the gate or door, but no. If a registered pvt blind I would think they would post it no trespassing. Many of you know what blind and location i'm talking about. Anybody know the specifics, or if this may be a registered titled blind. Bud

If it is the one I am thinking about it used to be pretty beat up. I think some guys fixed it up a couple years ago. As far as I know it is a public blind. Some guys may have fixed it up but it is first come first serve. There are a couple duck shacks out there which are to my understanding "grandfathered" in and are private.

Blackdawg, you talking about the battle ship blind I told you about. If so, it's public! It should not be locked!