Thread: Little Su/Rabbit Slough silvers

Default Little Su/Rabbit Slough silvers

Has anyone fished the little su or rabbit slough for silvers recently with any luck or is our run pretty much over for the year? I'm trying to take my sons out tomorrow in the Matanuska area and hook up on some silvers before it's all said and done this year.

Quote Originally Posted by john.ripple View Post
    Has anyone fished the little su or rabbit slough for silvers recently with any luck or is our run pretty much over for the year? I'm trying to take my sons out tomorrow in the Matanuska area and hook up on some silvers before it's all said and done this year.
    I can help you with this one.. It's done in the Slough. The son and I drove down the other day just to lookie see and nada.. one or two stranglers but it's done.. The Little Su is also toast as far I am concerned.. Now, you can catch a few at the mouth of Montana.. My parents are in and they knocked off a couple chrome ones believe it or not.. They are catching some big Chums as well which the wife is in the process of making squaw candy out of.. Not sure how it will work out since we never used Chum but what the heck.. worth a try.. Worse case the doggies will get a treat..

Default Good looking out Dvarmit!

Quote Originally Posted by dvarmit View Post
    I can help you with this one.. It's done in the Slough. The son and I drove down the other day just to lookie see and nada.. one or two stranglers but it's done.. The Little Su is also toast as far I am concerned.. Now, you can catch a few at the mouth of Montana.. My parents are in and they knocked off a couple chrome ones believe it or not.. They are catching some big Chums as well which the wife is in the process of making squaw candy out of.. Not sure how it will work out since we never used Chum but what the heck.. worth a try.. Worse case the doggies will get a treat..
    Thanks dvarmit.....guess we'll try Montana Creek then, maybe hit the Little Su just below the Parks on the way. They say the Talkeetna is doing good as far as sivlers are concerned. Thanks again!

I fished the Montana confluence day before yesterday ...only 4 people there, no bright fish caught. I saw one guy catch a dark silver that he kept (I wouldn't have) and then he left. Others caught nothing. An older guy was catching and keeping some sorry-looking chums in the eddie. I caught 4 fish ...2 chum, 1 large dark silver that I tossed back, and a nice rainbow (that I tossed back ...catch-n-release there). While I did hear that Monday produced a few nice fish, I think I'm done on freshwater silvers for the year.

Brian