Thread: Kaligan Island Moose Hunt

Default Kaligan Island Moose Hunt

I've been invited to do a moose hunt on Kaligan Island and i have never heard anything about how the hunting is over there. Does anybody have any information on how hard of a hunt it would be and how easy it is to land a boat over there? Any information would be much appreciated thanks!

The reason you have not heard anything about people hunting it, is because it is a jungle hell hole..

Tough hunt for people that don't know the island. I grew up over there commercial fishing, and have also been successful hunting moose too. Honestly, I think the numbers are down pretty good right now and it is pretty late in the season to get one, not that it isn't possible. From my experience, the hunting is best opening day, the more the moose get hunted, the more skiddish they get and there is a lot of cover for them to hide in over there. A couple guys I know that fish over there, got a couple moose this season. If you do go, good luck. Oh, about the landing a boat, north end of the island can be a bad place in the fall because of the north winds.

Lots of dead fall, lots of swamp, no trails. It's pretty hard to get around.

If you flew over the island you would know what they are talking about. The island is like someone dropped a giant container of pick-up-stix on it. Didn't some young lady get accidentally shot there last year?