Thread: anyone interested in making me 45/70 ammo?

Default anyone interested in making me 45/70 ammo?

HELLO EVERYONE,WELL I AM LOOKING TO HAVE SOME AMMO MADE FOR MY MARLIN
    45/70 I CAN PROVIDE THE CASES AND BULLETS OF CHOICE,JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT. SO IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS WILLING TO MAKE ME UP A NICE BULLET ILL PAY YOU NICELY
    IN THE FAIRBANKS AREA CAN TRAVEL A BIT.$$$$$$$$$$
    456 2075 CALL ME ANYTIME AND WE CAN CHAT HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Apacheboyalaska View Post
    HELLO EVERYONE,WELL I AM LOOKING TO HAVE SOME AMMO MADE FOR MY MARLIN
    45/70 I CAN PROVIDE THE CASES AND BULLETS OF CHOICE,JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT. SO IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS WILLING TO MAKE ME UP A NICE BULLET ILL PAY YOU NICELY
    IN THE FAIRBANKS AREA CAN TRAVEL A BIT.$$$$$$$$$$
    456 2075 CALL ME ANYTIME AND WE CAN CHAT HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE
    You gotta consider there is a LIABILITY ISSUE.

Ask for someone to HELP YOU load some on their epuipment.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Amen to that...shooting a lot or making exotic loads is why we do this for ourselves. It is a litigious society that would make me loathe to load for anyone else.
    Remember that 2-3gallons of gas for "traveling a bit" is going to erase any savings from handloading. Buy some Buffalo Bore/Garret Ammo and you'll get the hottest stuff you can handle without getting into it yourself.

IceKing02

i would us a strangers toothbrush before i would shoot his handloads. You never know what the ammo is. It may be safe in his gun but not in yours. Stay away from it!

Find a buddy who loads, sit at the bench with him/her for a few hours. Then get a reloading manual and read-up, buy some gear and get at it. I had a few hundred 45-70 brass, by the time I bought all the gear, loaded up and fired a few the gear had paid for itself. It ain't that hard you just need to do a good bit of reading. I have only been at it a few months, but have got some pretty heavy loads for my 45-70 that I trust enough to carry as my bear loads. I load some for my young (8 year old) kid that he happily shoots out the Guide gun. Also do all my other rifles, handguns, even 9mm. Although the handgun stuff is not that much cheaper I get the load/bullet mix that I like and cannot buy.
    Seriously it really is not that hard, it is only when you dabble in developing your own loads that it gets tricky, but most load data is in books or on the web.
    If you want to get good use out of a 45-70 and other big calibers the only (cost effective) way to go is roll your own.
    I put it off for years because of all the mystique that (so called experts) put around.
    You cant get set up on a single caliber for less than $200 - that's about 50 Corbon or Garrett 45-70, you can then load as many of similar heavy loads for about $0.50/round (for powder, bullet and primer; if you have the brass). Do the math, you only have to make/fire about 60 heavy loads and your gear has pad for itself.
    I will now happily go to the range and put 40/50 rds through my big bores, whereas before (at $4/5 a round) I would hessitate to fire 5!!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by nbh40 View Post
    Find a buddy who loads, sit at the bench with him/her for a few hours. Then get a reloading manual and read-up, buy some gear and get at it. I had a few hundred 45-70 brass, by the time I bought all the gear, loaded up and fired a few the gear had paid for itself. It ain't that hard you just need to do a good bit of reading. I have only been at it a few months, but have got some pretty heavy loads for my 45-70 that I trust enough to carry as my bear loads. I load some for my young (8 year old) kid that he happily shoots out the Guide gun. Also do all my other rifles, handguns, even 9mm. Although the handgun stuff is not that much cheaper I get the load/bullet mix that I like and cannot buy.
    Seriously it really is not that hard, it is only when you dabble in developing your own loads that it gets tricky, but most load data is in books or on the web.
    If you want to get good use out of a 45-70 and other big calibers the only (cost effective) way to go is roll your own.
    I put it off for years because of all the mystique that (so called experts) put around.
    You cant get set up on a single caliber for less than $200 - that's about 50 Corbon or Garrett 45-70, you can then load as many of similar heavy loads for about $0.50/round (for powder, bullet and primer; if you have the brass). Do the math, you only have to make/fire about 60 heavy loads and your gear has pad for itself.
    I will now happily go to the range and put 40/50 rds through my big bores, whereas before (at $4/5 a round) I would hessitate to fire 5!!
    Good facts, and good advice.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Nbh40 thanks for your great advice!im buying all the equipment thanks again