Thread: Renting sleds

Default Renting sleds

Anyone rented sleds from the Alaska Snow Safaris (I think thats what they're called)? I don't have a sled this year so thinking of renting one to go play around for a day.

Default Rent Sled

The problem with renting any sled is the time you have to have it back for the next day so you have to have it back by 5/6 PM an you pick it up in the AM 7/9 AM then you have to move it an move it bact [trailering ] they do treat you in a good manner so go at it

Quote Originally Posted by russiarulez View Post
    Anyone rented sleds from the Alaska Snow Safaris (I think thats what they're called)? I don't have a sled this year so thinking of renting one to go play around for a day.
    We try to let you take the sled out the night before so you can get an early start to your day or day's. We do close at 7pm and ask that all machines be back by 6:30pm, or arrange for an early morning drop off the following day.

We have a full fleet of 2007 Ski Doo's and Arctic Cats from the trail model to the 800 Mountain's. Give us a call and we will try to set you up. FYI, we do have some agressive week day rates from Mon-Thurs during non-peak times if you are interested. We also carry beacon's, probles, shovels, Klim gear, and so on for rent as well.

Chris

Default Caution!

A.s.s. Governs There Sleds Down To The Bottom , My 11 Year Old Couldnt Make A Gently Trail Slope With One And The Guy Even Said He Governs Them Down!!! What A Rip Off. Never Again

Default Im So Wrong

It Was Alaska Toy Rental .......im Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ALASKANRMK View Post
    It Was Alaska Toy Rental .......im Sorry
    I read the post before this and almost had a hart attack. We never tamper with OUR sleds and if anything we do additional clutching and other performance enhancements. We are local Alaskans who live and breath snowmachines, ATV's, Jetboats, and Airplanes. If anyone feels otherwise, please let me know.

Chris
    Alaska Snow Safaris (A.S.S.)

Default Might Want to Try...

Hi-Mark Rentals- I've rented from them before, and their rates are guaranteed the lowest in town on new model high performance sleds, 2 and 4 strokes. No chance of getting an older model Polaris for $150 a day like some outfits here in town. They are also very flexible, times, free trailer rental, etc... There number is 339-1941

We rented 6 sleds and trailer from Chris at A.S.S. last weekend. 3-800s, 2-600s, and a 500. All were new models in great condition. They ran flawlessly.

I highly recommend these guys.

Default Alaska Snow Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by akbrewer View Post
    Hi-Mark Rentals- I've rented from them before, and their rates are guaranteed the lowest in town on new model high performance sleds, 2 and 4 strokes. No chance of getting an older model Polaris for $150 a day like some outfits here in town. They are also very flexible, times, free trailer rental, etc... There number is 339-1941
    It must be nice to be able to operate without the expense of liability insurance and undercut other ligit operators around town to be 'guaranteed the lowest in town'. Check out our weekday specials for agressive pricing during non-peak times! (call for details)

The last POLARIS we had was a 2005 in 2005. We have been runing current year model machines since 2004, unlike sume outfits here in this town! Although, we will have some 08 dragons in our fleet next year!

We are open 7 days a week from 8am to 7pm (by scheduled appointment on sat/sun) and we even let the machines go out the night before if available. Trailers are free if you rent two or more, etc.... We also have Klim, HMK, GPS, Sat phones, maps, and avalanche beacons/shovels/probes for rent or sale.

Our fleet of 2007 Summit 800R's, M8's, Summit 600 SDI's, Crossfires, and other high performance sleds were a hit again this year and we are now starting to place our 2008 order of Skidoo, Arctic Cat, Polaris, and Yamaha.

Just trying to tell the 'other' side of the story for those who are un-informed. Our number is 868-7669 and my name is Chris if you ever have any problems or questions about our company.

Thumbs up Alaska Snow Safaris

I wouldn't rent from anyone else. All sleds are NEW and the guys will treat you right. Chris is local boy too, born and bred, so he knows great service!

Call him up, he won't do you wrong... 868-7669

SD

Well, I rented two Summits 550s from them and was happy I did - had lots of fun at Spencer Glacier. The weather was marginal at the beginning and the end of the trip but we did catch some sun on the way back from the glacier. Sleds were great, a little beat up here and there nothing major and I expected that from rentals. Had no problems except than one of them always started on the first pull and the other usually started only on 3rd. My arm was pretty tired at the end of the trip since my girlfriend couldn't pull hers and I had to always do it.
    But as far as the Alaska Snow Safaris - these guys were great, fast in and out, gave me a great trailer and great service.
    Will definately rent from them again, maybe even this April.