Thread: Fletchers Archery?

Default Fletchers Archery?

I am looking for a place to shoot Bear Compound Bows, along with other types as well. The dealer locater has Fletchers Archery listed as a Authorized retailer. Anyone have any feedback for them? It has Sportsman Warehouse as well, but heard it can be hit or miss to get knowledgable help.

Fletchers is no longer in business, the shop has been sold and is now called Bear Paw Archery in Wasilla. Their home page is here - Bear paw

I'm not sure if Judy is carrying Bear products or not... I know she is carrying Limbsaver and some Bowtech models and is improving her traditional line but I don't know which brands.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Looks like I am going to Sportsman's. Any preference to which location (Wasilla or Anchorage) for Archery setups?

I wouldn't put much faith in Sportsman's "expertise" when it comes to archery. I've seen bows come out of there with the sights on backward and completely out of tune. Unless you are set on Bear equipment, I'd visit Bear Paw in Wasilla or The Archers Den in Eagle River. Both Judy and Paul are very knowledgable and will make sure you leave with the bow properly set up for you.
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

only reason I am leaning toward Bear products is because of the military program they have. But I don't mind paying for something better or something that feels better. So I would probably be more incline to Archers Den, since they seem to have a greater selection.

Definitely check out the Bowtech line then, their bows are all made in the USA, lifetime guarantee, and most are military themed. I personally have a 101st Airborne model. They are currently offering a significant discount for military members overseas which goes to show some of their commitment to the troops as well.

See Paul at The Archers Den, he handles a lot of Bowtech equipment.
    AKmud

If you're in Wasilla, try Screamin Eagle also.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBoy22 View Post
    If you're in Wasilla, try Screamin Eagle also.
    I second that, Tony and Wayne are pretty knowledgeable.