Thread: silvers in oct?

Default silvers in oct?

Hey I have a question for any one who feels like answering it, any one have a place to catch silvers the last week of sept or first week of oct? The only place I know is Kenai.

My wife's family is coming in and they want to catch salmon. It if was rainbows I wouldn't have any questions what to do but silvers that late in the year kinda threw me. Also I wont have a boat so it will be kinda hard. Unless I can find a place to rent one. Thanks for the help in advance.

Kenaibow fan

Rent a raft and flatbed trailer from Max (Alaskacanoe) in Sterling and float the middle. Dots to Bings perhaps. Drifter016 can tell you more. We plan on doing this in late Sept ourselves. New section of river to me, but Dave knows it well. From what I recall, that could be great silver fishing in late Sept early Oct. Whether you want to be stuck in a raft all day with the in-laws is up to you. Ha ha..

Max's website...

http://www.alaskacanoetrips.com/
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Rent a raft and flatbed trailer from Max (Alaskacanoe) in Sterling and float the middle. Dots to Bings perhaps. Drifter016 can tell you more. We plan on doing this in late Sept ourselves. New section of river to me, but Dave knows it well. From what I recall, that could be great silver fishing in late Sept early Oct. Whether you want to be stuck in a raft all day with the in-laws is up to you. Ha ha..

Max's website...

http://www.alaskacanoetrips.com/
    I am already one step ahead of you Dan........LOL that is were I would go any way, but I would rather have a power boat to work some of the holes, if I drift I can only hit them once you know. I have friends that have power boats but going with them when it is just me is one thing I am not about to ask them to cart me and the wife's family around, and I am not going to ask to rent or barrow their boat either. I wish I knew a place that rents power boats........

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    if I drift I can only hit them once you know...

Anchor bag
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Anchor bag

LOL your pullin all the tricks out on this one huh? LOL But it just might turn out that I have to get a raft. I would like to put in above dots though .

Delta Clearwater near Delta Junction. You wouldn't want to eat them though. Might be ok smoked.

Other than the Kenai, if logistics are'nt an issue, Kodiak. Ferry from Homer or fly.

Casting from shore in Whittier can be productive into October. Last year the run didn't really materialize, but in 2008 folks were doing well into the 2nd week of October. I'm sure there will be reports posted on here if the fishing is decent.

There will still be a lot of silvers around in October you just might not like what they look like. When I lived on meadow creek we would see silvers till almost Thanksgiving.
    I remember dog mushing past holes in the Ice and seeing silvers swimming around below.