Thread: Twenty Mile?

Default Twenty Mile?

Anyone been down to twenty mile lately? I heard that the silvers are coming in..I didn't think they came in that late but the individual that told me about it seemed pretty confident. The reason I am asking and not just going down to check it out is that my father and a friend are in and my son is going to take them down there tomorrow. So, if anyone knows if they are in there please let me know. I don't want to send them down there since they are catching fish up here in the valley. It would be a nice change of scenery for them

From the report on AOJ that there are belugas and killerwhales being sighted in the Arm near Girdwood, I would think they might be coming in. Might just be a late push. I know when I drvoe past there this weekend there were a good number of boat trailers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by aldridge88 View Post
    From the report on AOJ that there are belugas and killerwhales being sighted in the Arm near Girdwood, I would think they might be coming in. Might just be a late push. I know when I drvoe past there this weekend there were a good number of boat trailers out there.
    Thanks for the info.. Anyone else have a report?

I had the same observation on Sunday afternoon going by. Lots of boat trailers in the parking lot and a big long string of belugas making their way up the arm.

Last week there was a huge camp set about 6 or so miles up. Huge as in about a dozen tents, think some folks have an annual trip out that way and imagine someone in a group that big draws a permit for something to shoot out there. Silvers have been hot and cold. Most recent trip w/ whales in the arm(last wed) was not too hot, in fact it was downright dismal. My fishin partner picked up a 3 pounder and I hurt the dollies, saw a couple silvers but there presence has dropped off dramatically from three weeks ago. We figured that the action must be in another T-arm stream if not where we were. Anyone else with better news.

Quote Originally Posted by lineburns View Post
    Last week there was a huge camp set about 6 or so miles up. Huge as in about a dozen tents, think some folks have an annual trip out that way and imagine someone in a group that big draws a permit for something to shoot out there. Silvers have been hot and cold. Most recent trip w/ whales in the arm(last wed) was not too hot, in fact it was downright dismal. My fishin partner picked up a 3 pounder and I hurt the dollies, saw a couple silvers but there presence has dropped off dramatically from three weeks ago. We figured that the action must be in another T-arm stream if not where we were. Anyone else with better news.
    Can you tell me what you were using to put the hurt on the Dollies?

I am thinking about sending them down there tomorrow but it's one of those places that if twenty mile is dead there is not really a close place to go and try another spot. Hope but I haven't seen anything on hope for a while and same thing with Bird Creek. In the valley, they could hit Montana, Kaswhitna, Willow, Little Willow etc. etc..

From my years of fishing 20 Mile I considered the silver run said and done come the end of August. The fish were too far gone to keep and the run was at the tail end of a nose dive.

Dollies loved roe and single eggs. My old honey holes are long gone and closed down these days. Beautiful country in there but the fishing is not what it once was.

As a kid 20 mile fueled my love of fishing, since the crowds and new regs arrived it has turned into your typical SC river.