Thread: Getting sick while hunting:

Default Getting sick while hunting:

Had the pleasure of having my son down for the weekend, however his crew brought down some kind of a bug that has put me on my heels for the last couple of days.

Was going to get up to the cabin a couple of day's ago but this has laid me up for a while. ( Hav'nt had the flu for over 2 years) Not digging it.

How many of you have got this bug? and how do you get over it? ( Fairbanks)

I've seen the lists of what to take for safety on you trips, but I'm not sure there was anything mentioned for the flu or bever fever. I know a water filter/tablets are used for the water, I need something to cure this flu. ANY wild remeidies, lol.

I think I'm still in the deliorious state.

Stay home till your better! Went on an archery hunt with a cold and came back so sick the doc thought I had pnuemonia! Almost ruined my firearms hunt, had to leave 3 days late. As too healing fast, rest, liquids and more rest. Cats claw helps if your all stuffed up, but the flu can be serious.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Is this an actual flu or just a sever case of a stomach bug. My stomach bugs usually only last 48 hours. I barf my guts out and sit on the toilet for most of the day. I seem to get this thing about every 2 years. I might run a bit of a fever and be dizzy, but it's nothing like an actual flu. I pound the water, even if it's coming out both ends, and stay in bed (unless I'm on the toilet). I don't recall the last time I've had an actual flu.

I went on a moose hunt once when I was sick. I came home with "walking" pnuemonia and it took three weeks to get better.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

The baby had some serious runny nose and I was playing with him alot, and then my boy called me when he got back to Fairbanks and said that he went to the E.R., And I was going , Thanks for that one bud. lol.

I Don't know what it is, but I'm sure I will shake it. ( Doug know what you are talking about the toliet, lol)

I hope it's just a short one but the sore throught, the chills, the snezzes, and the cold sweats, man I would let someone down if I was hunting with them right now.

I think I will stay, until I can stay off the john .lol

Good luck to all.

I once got a severe case of the trots on a spring caribou hunt on the lower Nushagak. For two days I dared not stray far from the rickety outhouse while my friends went after caribou. That sucked! After I was pretty much all wiped out, both literally and figuratively, I talked a few guys into accompanying my sorry weak self to Chris Carr's place at Portage Creek where I was able to obtain some Pepto Bismol from his personal stores. That brought it to a close, and I have never gone on a hunting trip since without a variety of meds just in case.