Thread: Inlet

Default Inlet

Anyone boat across the inlet to hunt ducks? This will be my first time. I don't want to run more than 20 miles or so - will be putting in at ship creek. Will also be looking for brown critters too. If you want to talk about where to go - or better yet where NOT to go please PM me.

What size boat do u take across? Hope it is not small, the wind can come up quickly. I remember reading about some duck hunters a few years ago coming back from the su, and getting swamped in a boston whaler, luck to be rescued. Most people run down the little su to hunt the flats there if they are not flying. I've also seen people who go out and hunt a area along Fire Island, not so far and they had ducks. Bud

I have a rubber duckie...15 foot zodiac. It does pretty good in the waves but I have not had it anything over 6 footers. I will only be hunting the ducks while scouting for moose - my little lab girl really needs to get into some birds this year. She is 3 now and I didn't hunt her last year.....