Thread: Tube flies 101, Clouser minnow (YouTube video)

Default Tube flies 101, Clouser minnow (YouTube video)

Here's a shorter YouTube video I made on tying a Clouser minnow on a tube using Finn raccoon and/or arctic fox.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cgv54vnmGA

Please post comments & questions to the board if you have them.

-Okisutch

Look at that nor-vice go!
    Good video - Voice was clear. Content informative...

A+

That was a pretty good video, gave me some ideas on some flies I tie, and I learned a new fly.

Good video! I love my Nor-vice. I think you did a great job. The only thing different that I would do is I like to add more than 1 half hitch at the end. I'm sure with your glue it's fine, but I like a little more wip at the end. Good job, thanks for sharing

Nor-Vice: I now no what I'm going to ask for Christmas. Reading all these post is becoming expensive.

Great flies!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I'm a rookie at the home video thing (well, there was that one from college....errr, nevermind). I'll do a few things differently next time if there's sufficient interest for a new pattern. I need to take lessons from JediMasterSalmonSlayer! Hey Jedi, do you think it would be cool if I tied a Loco Coho set to System of a Down's "Chop Suey"?

Quote Originally Posted by power drifter View Post
    Good video! I love my Nor-vice. I think you did a great job. The only thing different that I would do is I like to add more than 1 half hitch at the end. I'm sure with your glue it's fine, but I like a little more wip at the end. Good job, thanks for sharing
    PD, great point about the whip finish. You should definitely use a whip or multiple half hitches if you are only using head cement or similar products to fix the head. However, if you saturate the head with super glue (or coat it with epoxy), it's permanent. For anything with a moderate sized head or exposed thread on the body, like the underside of a Clouser, I always coat it with super glue and haven't had a fly come apart in a long time!

Thanks for watching the vid and for your excellent feedback!