Thread: Leaving tomorrow, headed north.

Default Leaving tomorrow, headed north.

Well, after 3 years of planning and researching, my son and I are heading north on the long 3300 mile drive to Tok. Just want to thank everyone that has contributed with answers to my questions, or given advice, or posted a hunt story that had good info with it. For the most part this forum has been one of the most valuable tools in my research. Just want to say thanks, and good luck to everyone else in their adventures this hunting season. I'll be gone for better than 3 weeks, but hope to have good pictures, video, and stories to tell when I get back.
    Knute

You gotta be really feeling the adrenalin today. What are you hunting...and where (generally speaking) will you be hunting? Super Cub hunt?

Best of Luck on your "dream trip"! Like KDill said - whatcha chasing? Or what may be chasing you!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I'm leaving on Sunday for Ketchikan, so I know your giddy anticipation. I've been several times, though, and kinda know what to expect. You are not gonna want to come back! Have a great time.
    Don

K Dill & Smokey,
    We will be doing a super cub fly-in with 40-Mile Air for moose, and maybe a bou, if the registration hunt is not closed in our zone. We will be hunting in 20E, zone #3. Hell, K Dill, I've been feeling the adrenalin for about 2 weeks now. And Smokey, I hope to just see that big brown furry one through the binos.
    Knute

Knute...

I do know the basic area you're headed into. I'll be your neighbor next week...different GMU...same caribou. I'm about 100% sure the roadless areas for the Fortymile hunt will still be open. F&G is the only place to get the permit, and they can advise you on RC860. I'll be in Fairbanks Saturday night. I'm looking forward to some halibut fish & chips (and a cold draft) at Pike's. (!!)

Good luck Knute,

Leif and Randy are great guys and run a quality operation. Here are a few photo's from hunts I have done with them for inspiration. Worth the cost for the cub ride and the views.

Can't wait to see your results.

Steve

I hope your hunt is evrything you hope for have a safe trip and hunt and make sure to post pic happy hunting Chris

I'll be in that area also.....please remember that a hunter cannot possess both moose and caribou tags in some of that area.

Good luck!

Good luck and be safe!

3,300 miles is a loooooooooooong sit down.........

I'll be betting you'll be glad to strech those legs ASAP with a rifle on yer shoulder

Have Fun.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Good luck on your hunt knute. Noticed your from Council Grove. I grew up in Newton.