Thread: Thank You!

Default Thank You!

On my most current hunting adventure, and I do mean adventure, I found my self and my hunting partner, in a tough situation. After rolling the bead off my trailer tire and camping about 10 miles away from where we wanted to, and after 36 straight hours of rain, and after the river went up 4 feet, we found ourselves with a 4-wheeler down. We got it stuck in the river and with my winch breaking after trying to get it out, we called in the cavalry. We had the greatest people come along and help us out. Some we knew and others we just meet. Family Man, we all thank you and wish you all the luck in the world. We will never be able to repay all that you did to help us out. Thanks to all that braved the elements to help us and to get us home safely, and by the way I did not harvest an animal. At least we got a fun time out of it, right?

Default We all help each other out, once afield

Quote Originally Posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    On my most current hunting adventure, and I do mean adventure, I found my self and my hunting partner, in a tough situation. After rolling the bead off my trailer tire and camping about 10 miles away from where we wanted to, and after 36 straight hours of rain, and after the river went up 4 feet, we found ourselves with a 4-wheeler down. We got it stuck in the river and with my winch breaking after trying to get it out, we called in the cavalry. We had the greatest people come along and help us out. Some we knew and others we just meet. Family Man, we all thank you and wish you all the luck in the world. We will never be able to repay all that you did to help us out. Thanks to all that braved the elements to help us and to get us home safely, and by the way I did not harvest an animal. At least we got a fun time out of it, right?
    We all help each other when we're out and about. I had to laugh at what one of your rescue crews (the Eagle River crew I think... who the heck gets rescued by three "Rons" anyway, LOL) said on their way out 'bout midnight that Sunday night.

"Are you here hunting alone?" he (the oldest of the 3 Rons) says with a furrowed brow. I laughed back at him and said "I've got friends all up and down this canyon." He thought about it and said, "Yeah, I guess you have.... now."

J, you and T were great to meet. Both real outdoorsmen and great people. I did learn a few things on our adventure; one of them is just how dam heavy a CAN AM four wheeler is... I had no idea. Just about flipped my (I thought it was big) Grizz going up that steep one. We should have strapped you to my front rack first!

PM me your email address so I can send you the hi res pictures of you and T. I'll post a hunt report but your pics will be so small (unless you tell me otherwise) that no one could possibly recognize you. I don't post pictures of people without their permission.

Again, great hunt, great people, beautiful area.