Thread: Ruger SR9 Fairbanks/North Pole area

Default Ruger SR9 Fairbanks/North Pole area

I'm looking for someone in the Fairbanks/North Pole area that has a Ruger SR9 that they would let my daughter shoot a few rounds through. She has shot my XDM9 but doesn't like the grip. She had an SR9 in her hand at the fun store the other day and I thought I was going to have to buy it to get her to leave. I would like for her to shoot a few rounds through one before I buy it for her. Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

She want be disappointed...just buy it! I actually love mine! If I were in Fairbanks I would let her shoot it, but unfortunatley I'm in Ketchikan but will be moving to the Anchorage area in a couple of months. So if you can't find any takers before then, just let me know and we will see what we can do when I get to Anchorage.

mfletcher, Thanks I'll keep looking around up here for someone with one. I'm not in a hurry to buy anything right now. I plan to get her a pistol for her 20th birthday in March so she will have a year to shoot it and get comfortable with it before she turns 21 and starts carrying. i didn't care for the feel of the grip myself. It feels way to small in my hand but she loved it. I don't know how they were able to get 17 rounds cramed in it and still be so small.

It's a great gun, I've been so impressed I bought a second one. I use it for my NRA classes and informal competition. It shoots like a lazer beam for me. I would definately trust my life on it. If your daughter gets down to Anchorage you'd be welcome to shoot mine.

Naw, get a M&P 9 pro in her hands.....its a much better pistol.......