Thread: Perfect timing on the Deshka

Default Perfect timing on the Deshka

Tracy and I motored up the Deshka to moose creek today, water levels are way up making the run easy and fast. Up and back plus lunch and a bit of exploring in less than 6 hours! Lots of side streams not normally runnable are more than deep enough for a freighter right now. Beautiful trip but I was very surprised by how many cabins are back there.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

DSCN1356.jpgGlad to see you are using the HB, right owner for the boat. Went to Valdez last WE and saw Budman5 in his Scott HB trolling for silvers.
    With a Mudbuddy style drive.

Very cool thanks for sharing the pic. We have had the HB out at least once a week since we got it, thanks again! I love that boat! Tracy and I looked into a membership at Deshka landing, when the gentelman said "and you can leave your boat here when not in use" Tracy statred laughing. "Thats not much of a selling point for Rick, he can barrely leave the boat to hunt!"
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

what's your top speed in the canoe...pretty good running time, that's over 75 mile round trip from the landing...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

When I owned it it,s top speed was 19.7 MPH with a GPS lightly loaded but would cruise at 17 MPH. Depending how it was loaded
    & balanced. Used to look where spray started then shift load, to where I liked it. Hope Rick did not mind posting my exper. with his canoe.

Not at all KK, I have found she runs better with a bit of a load and your speed observations are right in line with mine.
    BHA Member