Thread: When I thought it was all good! I go....

Default When I thought it was all good! I go....

and take my bow in to get a new serving this past saturday before my sheep hunt next week, which included one on the bus cable. After getting it back two days later than they told me I would. I finally get the chance to shoot it today with a litte bit of sunlight left, and my FOBs are making contact with my bus cable. So, I am almost back to square one. Not sure if the guy squared my arrow, I think he might have adjusted my rest back to center or something. But total dissappointment, that I have to make adjustments to it again. Luckly I took half a day at work Wens. which was suppose to be spent finish packing, for my flight. Not my hunt I have packed and repacked that bag a couple of times now, now it will be spent tuning my bow all over again.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

after all that last time? good luck with it. at least now you know what your doing should be quicker....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Bummer man. I feel ya though. My bow was shooting high all of a sudden. I guess it just got broke in. Had to drop the knock point a half inch and drop the peep sight about three quarters of an inch. Need to double check all the pins, but should be back on 3-4" groups at 80 yards, man I love the Z7! If still having troubles, pop into Wiggys and talk to Marc Taylor. Give him something to do! Very helpfull and is a good guy.

Bottom line. If you want to be a bowhunter you need to be able to do your own bow maint. and tuning. If your FOBs are hitting the buss cable it is not a rest adjustment issue, it is a cable guard or cable slide issue. Moving the rest an 1/8" either side of center is not going to give clearance to the back of the arrow as it passes the cable.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Question is is why all of a sudden after months of shooting, do my FOBs contact the bus when I never had an issue before.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Sounds to me like the guys who worked on the bow may have adjusted the cable guard therby reducing the clearance.

Thats what I am thinking also, They don't open up till 2pm here in TX. So going to head there in a few.

Went to the bow shop, the guy working wasn't the guy who works on the bows. However, used their bow vise and tweak the cable gaurd back to the right and its GAME ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ynggrasshopper View Post
    Went to the bow shop, the guy working wasn't the guy who works on the bows. However, used their bow vise and tweak the cable gaurd back to the right and its GAME ON!!!
    Hell Yeah!

Smile

Ynggrasshopper -- Playfully I say, "If your cable guard does not have rollers... Well..."

Only one way to get rollers!

Taylor

Rollers? Im still shooting the same PSE i bought 7 years ago. The want for a new bow is greater than the need right now. My bow didn't go bouncing down the mountain to increase the need yet.

Only one way to get rollers!
    Yep, buy a new bow from about 6 different companies offering them now
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem