Thread: Boat Insurance

Question Boat Insurance

Good evening.

Which insurance company are you using to insure your boat?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

yhc

I think I go with progressive
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

It depends on how old you boat is when I got my 86 woolridge last year progressive or USAA would not insure it because of the age of the boat. Called Allstate and they said sure plus beat the other twos price and I got more insurance for my money.

Default Progressive

Progressive too. They do not have a take-out period. I was stuck once in December and had to be towed back to Valdez. I had towing so was not worried. BUT, I had a take-out period from Dec. 1st till April 1st that I was not supposed to be in the water so they did not pay. If you have a new boat and a loan, it is probably required.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Smile Boat insurance

INAMAR/ACE insures my big boat.....State Farm has the smaller ones. No problems with either one....I send them money, don't make any claims, no problem.

Default State Farm

I shopped around a lot last year for boat insurance. I found that State Farm had some of the best rates for my boat (1988 Olympic w/2003 yamaha 115). Cheap in comparison to some of the competitors, check them out-

Default STate Farm

They insure mina as well as all my other stuff. Cost, around 300 per year
    19" duckwork with 150 outboard

I currently have State Farm but I picked up a brochure at the boat show from Allstate. There rates seemed cheaper but I plan on calling them for a quote to compare the same coverages.
    State Farm was less expensive by a wide margin over Progressive.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    It depends on how old you boat is when I got my 86 woolridge last year progressive or USAA would not insure it because of the age of the boat. Called Allstate and they said sure plus beat the other twos price and I got more insurance for my money.
    Dont know what I was thinking when I said allstate should have been state farm

My first posting!

I use Progressive. I pay $300.00 a year for a 2004 19' Jetcraft with a 90 Honda.

If any of you have a similar boat and is paying considerably less money please let me know. I'm a penny pincher.

Unhappy Progressive

I have a 2001 North River and pay $670 a year to Progressive, and being out of state (New Jersey), that means I unfortunately only get to use it for two or three weeks a year. From what I'm reading here tonight, I guess I should start shopping around. Thanks for the heads up.

Default Insurance

I use Allstate. They were much cheaper for me then Progressive. If you have a house and vehicles insured with them it makes a difference.

Expect to pay about 1% of the boat value per year on anything valued over $20K. That is what I pay State Farm. Others were higher.
    Kingfisher 2525. 225, 20, and 2hp Hondas.

had USAA ON MY BIG BOAT THEN SWITCHED TO PROGRESSIVE @ USAA SUGGESTION......ALOT CHEAPER........ABOUT 1/2
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default I might be able to help you guys with lower premium in Alaska

I'm not sure if I can post much information here, but call me at 907-276-3505 I might be able to help with lower premium. I'm paying $516 for my 2006 26' Hewescraft with twin 150.

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I'm not sure if I can post much information here, but call me at 907-276-3505 I might be able to help with lower premium. I'm paying $516 for my 2006 26' Hewescraft with twin 150.

Luke
    Hey Luke, no fair...by the way, how much for my new Northriver Seahawk Off-shore 26' with twin Suzi 140's?

I have statefarm and pay about half that. but then again they are my main carrier for all my other stuff

Statefarm has done very well for me very good rates ect. I have insured a 12 year old sport for a very nice rate. Boat is insured about 40k not bad for a older 22' sport

Allstate...
    28' Seahorse w/ diesel sterndrive for $600/year