Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haul "road" hunters in the White Truck last week

Default Haul "road" hunters in the White Truck last week

Anyone else get a good laugh at the 2 cows that outwitted the witless haul "road" hunters in the White truck at mile marker 64 last Wednesday or Thursday?

I don't think that I have ever laughed so hard while at the same time despising what that group of 4 "road" hunters were trying to do to fill their tags.

Care to elaborate because I dont think many people will know what you are talking about.

I mean no disrespect, but this is a inappropriate thread. We've all been made to look stupid at times, but this is not the place to bring it up. just my 2 cents.

hmmm, I have never hunted a "road". Are they good to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Anyone else get a good laugh at the 2 cows that outwitted the witless haul "road" hunters in the White truck at mile marker 64 last Wednesday or Thursday?

I don't think that I have ever laughed so hard while at the same time despising what that group of 4 "road" hunters were trying to do to fill their tags.

obviously you weren't to successful either, otherwise you would have posted pictures, instead of talking **** about a couple other dudes... whatever makes you feel better sunshine!

Sunshine........ That line kills me hahhahahahahaha,

WEASEL, you silver tongued devil, you may on rare occasion be a little direct, but always you cut to the chase. I like that approach, leaves little to wonder about. Good work.

I got one. This is a hunting forum isn't it? The strategy that these guys used was not only comical but satisfying in seeing the 2 cows "win". AND IMO it gives bowhunters a bad name. Nothing done was illegal BTW. Simply comical with an aftertaste of disgust more than anything.

Weasel - were you in the white truck? LOL .....or do you ambush the bou in barrow ditches with a driver and 3 hunters too? Sitting in the passeger seat with the new chevy wide open going 6mph with a broadhead knocked and the passenger door open....gotta love that style!

Default The Haul Road Antics

I see no issue with the report. Get this crap out in the open. Before I was a bowhunter I hunted outside of the corridor. The Antics even way back then just made us scratch our heads.
    Since becoming a member of the bowhunter fraternity I've still watched the same things and worse. It is simply amazing what some people will do and still call it hunting.
    Bullelkklr makes a valid point about what is happening on that road. This year alone I've received several different reports about this type of hunting. To add to that, it seems as if a new method (one I have not witnessed) is that hunters are grouping up to block the road and keep traffic from spooking animals. I'm calling BS on that.
    I don't want to see more regs, but maybe having a non-hunt corridor next to the road was not such a bad thing.
    What we all should do is keep our movie cameras handy and start shooting film of these people, along with their trucks and license plates. If they feel they are doing nothing wrong then they won't mind, will they? Then we can post the videos on the internet for everybody to see for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    I see no issue with the report. Get this crap out in the open. Before I was a bowhunter I hunted outside of the corridor. The Antics even way back then just made us scratch our heads.
    Since becoming a member of the bowhunter fraternity I've still watched the same things and worse. It is simply amazing what some people will do and still call it hunting.
    Bullelkklr makes a valid point about what is happening on that road. This year alone I've received several different reports about this type of hunting. To add to that, it seems as if a new method (one I have not witnessed) is that hunters are grouping up to block the road and keep traffic from spooking animals. I'm calling BS on that.
    I don't want to see more regs, but maybe having a non-hunt corridor next to the road was not such a bad thing.
    What we all should do is keep our movie cameras handy and start shooting film of these people, along with their trucks and license plates. If they feel they are doing nothing wrong then they won't mind, will they? Then we can post the videos on the internet for everybody to see for themselves.
    I wouldn't post the videos or photos online. But maybe email them to Fish and game.

Road hunting can be fun..LOL... I dropped my buddy off on Galbreth Lk. Rd. once at that culvert about 1/4 mile in. We had a small herd heading his way and we figured they would cross right about there. Use the cover you've got, right? Unfortunately they went right over the top of him and they were all too close to get a good shot off. I laughed my butt off watching through the binos.

Was it unethical? Nope. Was my buddy ethical holding off for a good shot? Yep. Fun, you betcha. I ended up shooting one from a gravel pit south of Coldfoot that year. I haven't once headed up the Haul Rd. for anything other than a meat harvest. Too much of a zoo up there to even dream of having a "quality" experience.

Stories like Bullelkklr's have been going on since the road went in. It has the unfortunate distinction of being the one of the only road accessable caribou herds in the state, with hugely liberal seasons and bag limits. What do you expect?
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Post the funny and absurd, maybe the idiotic

You are right FLscuba, if they are doing something illegal, I won't take the time to post on line. LEO gets the footage and photos.
    It's the other stuff that I'm talking about. It's trucks blocking the road (maybe illegal), hunters sitting with knocked arrows on tailgates, hunters skulking along beside moving trucks to hide from caribou, hunters chasing animals that other guys are obviously already in wait for. And then lets not forget the insane runs across the tundra. Now that is certainly not illegal. Way stupid. Funnier than Robin Williams. But nothing a judge wants to see.
    And this is just me, but if a guy is willing to do all that, at what point does he shoot from the truck, or the road surface, or from one ditch across the road to another. Now those are illegal, but maybe, just maybe, we get them on video doing the stupid stuff they may hold off on the illegal activities.
    Just a thought,
    ARR

Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    WEASEL, you silver tongued devil, you may on rare occasion be a little direct, but always you cut to the chase. I like that approach, leaves little to wonder about. Good work.
    Well hell, finally someone i could probably hunt with!! Thanks brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Weasel - were you in the white truck? LOL .....or do you ambush the bou in barrow ditches with a driver and 3 hunters too? Sitting in the passeger seat with the new chevy wide open going 6mph with a broadhead knocked and the passenger door open....gotta love that style!
    First of all, You won't catch me in a chevy, and thanks for the tactic, i'll have to try that one next time!

Hunting from the road is not iillegal. Shooting from or across the road is. The Haul Road is a busy place, and you are hunting where the Truckers and others work. Truckers generally try to avoid rocking people if the see people like us are slowing way down, pulling over and stopping in areas good visibility.

However, if you are doing stupid stuff along the Haul Road, such as driving down the road with the door open, and a knocked arrow sticking out the open door, in all likelihood that puts your vehicle at greater risk of damage by getting rocked.

well how about a ford then?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    well how about a ford then?
    Oh what a pic, that is too funny, does that stuff even work? its so silly and ridiculasly stupid, I seen some crazy antics that i believe comes from fustration.

We're back to this crap again?

Default what's your point Jerod?

Not sure what you meant there. Are you saying you agree with the intent of the thread that reminds us all that there are people up there making poor choices, or are you saying you disagree and all of the antics are ok?
    As I recall, a regulation was put in place for a while that made people like this stop this sort of thing. The reg put a non-hunt corridor next to the road. Pretty much there was no reason to play these games.
    Then the reg was removed, and just like magic the games start again. The reg also pretty much ended unlawful hunting in regards to shooting from, on, or across a road.
    A clarification of your statement would be nice.
    ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    Not sure what you meant there. Are you saying you agree with the intent of the thread that reminds us all that there are people up there making poor choices, or are you saying you disagree and all of the antics are ok?
    As I recall, a regulation was put in place for a while that made people like this stop this sort of thing. The reg put a non-hunt corridor next to the road. Pretty much there was no reason to play these games.
    Then the reg was removed, and just like magic the games start again. The reg also pretty much ended unlawful hunting in regards to shooting from, on, or across a road.
    A clarification of your statement would be nice.
    ARR
    I remember the road buffer 1/4 mile was it? I hated that regulation, i believe I understood why they implemented it but I couldnt stand it. I remember talking to a guy who shot at a Bou about 10 feet from the road during the 1/4 mile buffer zone and when I confronted him he got all pissy with me and said something like mind your own business.
    Funny part is I had numerous opportunities to shoot at real nice bulls within 1/4 mile but couldnt. Then they changed the law and I cant buy a chance at a bull close to the road the 2 i have harvested were 1/2 and 1.2 miles from road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast