Thread: frying oil

Default frying oil

Have a friend looking for some used frying oil. I thought maybe some of you bear baiters might know where to get some. Any thoughts?

Saw an ad on craigslist yesterday
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Default Try the restaurants

They would love to not have to pay to get rid of the stuff. Just get on the phone and call, I'm sure you can find more than you can carry.

I don't use it, IMO it chums in too many brown bears and increases your clean-up time at the end of the year. That said, frying oil will be harder to secure in the near future so get it while you can. Alaska Waste created their new bio-diesel plant and is securing all the used fryer oil they can from local restaurants. The oil will be converted to fuel for their trucks.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I have used the frying oil quite a bit in the past and I agree that it brings in brown bears. Also it will be tough to clean up the soil if you spill it on the off chance the troopers check you out. Plus that liquid is heavy to tote thru the woods

Had a bear guy years ago tell me to feed em what you want'em to taste like, myself I'd rather them taste like a slab of berry pie instead. I'd start taking all the desert leftovers you can stock away, start hitting your friends up now cause all the goodies being made, old boxes of cherrios or a half ate donut. Throw it in the freezer and by spring bear you'll be set with all the goodies you need
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Might have about 10 gallons or so of frying oil to give away next month, after we use the last frying oil another time. I'll put an ad up for it than. Never use it as it brought in grizzlies as soon as I put it out!

I like the taste of dog food, molasses, pancake syrup & honey. Spray a little anise in the wind and enjoy the night