Thread: wolverine attack

Post wolverine attack

well a highschool teacher told me this one....last week two sheep hunters ( dad and son) went out on a sheep hunt. they got up on the moutain and made camp and did a little scouting..that night they were bothin wokin up to something inside the tent..well whatever it was, was specifically targetting the older man(dad) he explained it to be light 30-40 pounds. he eventually got his feet under it and kicked it out from under him. when they found the zipper and got outside they spot-lighted around but didnt see anything. he had severe cuts under his chin and on his forehead, with a broken jaw. he was helicoptered out and his son packed everything out. this was most definatly not a made up story she had pictures of them still on the moutain and all. when they went to ADF&G they said it had to be a bear cuz wolverines wont attack, but the man sais it couldnt have been because it was only thirty to fourty pounds. i was just seeing if either of them where on the website....and get some thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by lbtrapper View Post
    well a highschool teacher told me this one....last week two sheep hunters ( dad and son) went out on a sheep hunt. they got up on the moutain and made camp and did a little scouting..that night they were bothin wokin up to something inside the tent..well whatever it was, was specifically targetting the older man(dad) he explained it to be light 30-40 pounds. he eventually got his feet under it and kicked it out from under him. when they found the zipper and got outside they spot-lighted around but didnt see anything. he had severe cuts under his chin and on his forehead, with a broken jaw. he was helicoptered out and his son packed everything out. this was most definatly not a made up story she had pictures of them still on the moutain and all. when they went to ADF&G they said it had to be a bear cuz wolverines wont attack, but the man sais it couldnt have been because it was only thirty to fourty pounds. i was just seeing if either of them where on the website....and get some thoughts on this.
    The Son wrote a thread about it.. Will look to see if I can find it.

Steve

It would be interesting to see a Wolverine that could fit a mans head inside its mouth.

All of 'em Ive caught could bite off some fingers off, maby a mouthful of hand, but not a head. The largest are the size of a Cockerspanial.

A full grown Wolverine couldnt fit acoffee cup in its mouth, but it sure could rip one apart.

"Its not a matter of how a Sparrow 'Grips' a coconut........." ~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

See always have a sat phone or emergency plan for the story from the author and victim's son.

Did this hit the local press, Id like to read thier accout of it?