Thread: Need dog stand ideas....

Default Need dog stand ideas....

I'm looking for ideas for a dog stand....

I'll be hunting in about 24" of water and my pup probably wouldn't appreciate standing in that all morning.....

any ideas other than paying $100 to $200 for one?....I've looked at a couple of step stools but haven't found one large/tall enough yet....my pup is about 65-70 lbs....

oh yeah, I'll be needing it for the opener in a few days....

thanks
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

It may be possible to pick up a sturdy inflatable tube like the ones used for pulling behind a ski boat. I have seen some with a canvas type fabric and if the color was bad then a can of fabric dye or two should get it working.

Will you be near a sturdy tree. Take a piece of plywood, maybe with a 2x2 frame on it. Put hooks in each of the corners, use some cheap chain you can buy at lowes and wrap it around the tree at the base. the corners away from the tree you need longer chain to connect further up the tree, may have to double wrap it around tree to keep it from sliding down trunk, and then back to opposite corner. Should be solid enough to support doggie, most likely you could even sit on it also.

A guy on refugeforums made one out of a old lawn chair. Try the boat and gear forums there.

speaking of the refuge gear forum.....a couple of years ago someone made a dog stand out of a very small folding table from costco. paint and outdoor carpet and it was done in an afternoon. I think the table was even adjustable a few inches in height.

You can also use a few pieces of blue board foam and a sheet of thin plywood to make a floating board. Keep it from moving by using pieces of conduit through holes.

thanks for all your ideas fellas'........I appreciate it....my pup will appreciate it more.....

I'll be sitting in the swamp solo if anyone is looking for some company for the opener....I'll have to warn you though, this is my first crack at it with a pup...he's 13 months now.....pretty sure pup has it figured out, training has been going well, he's certainly the smarter of the two of us....
    pull my finger....

where you hunting im loooken for a partner too. i have a 3 1/2 lab that i have had trained he isnt a competition dog but has no problems getting my birds we are looken for huting buddies too. let me know if you want to might ber good for your pup too.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    where you hunting im loooken for a partner too. i have a 3 1/2 lab that i have had trained he isnt a competition dog but has no problems getting my birds we are looken for huting buddies too. let me know if you want to might ber good for your pup too.
    buzz me today and we can chat about tomorrow morning... 441-5168
    Thanks
    Toshiro
    pull my finger....

Just found this thread over on the Refuge .... some good ideas on this one.