Thread: off limits buggy country

Default off limits buggy country

Is there a list for areas that buggies are not allowed? I know the Rex went to 1500#, some areas in the Valley, how about other areas?
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

There are so many governing agencies that it is very confusing IMO. AK Department of Natural Resources has rules on ORV's on state maintained land. Bureau of Land Management has rules governing the land that the feds maintain, AK Department of Fish and Game has rules for certain areas that restrict motorized use period if you're hunting. Then there are AK State Park rules, National Park rules, various controlled use areas. It's crazy.

I don't have my hands on the information that you're looking for specifically, but generally 1500# is the limit for ORV on any state land. DNR also have weight limits for vehicles that are legal to be on the road, but then taken off road, so from my interpretation of the regs if you have a full-size truck that can drive legally on the hwy and then you take it off road the weight restrictions are greater like 5000#'s or something.

I'm going to go ahead and stop here because I'm not exactly sure and going off memory and hopefully someon with a link or something will post some information.

It might just be better to ask about a specific area, and then people can tell you from experience what the regs are. Sometimes though its better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission....sometimes.

good luck.

Thanks 1S1K
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.