Thread: Fairbanks Float

Default Fairbanks Float

Looking for information on floating the Little Chena from Nordale Road to? Have only seen that end of the river since a few years ago I shot a cow that was standing next to the river and the **** thing turned Billy Goat and did a tripple gainer into the river. So all your knowlegable folks that have any information on the river please share. Oh I got drawn for another cow this year but the difference is we now have a cataraft so maybe the fool won't consider swimming as a getaway.

I will post some questions in the float hunting section also.

Thanks everyone and have a safe weekend......

From Nordale road the river immediatly dumps into the chena and not to long after that you float onto Ft. Wainright lands. I believe the whole area is in the FMA. Water is slow when the river levels are down.

H20 dogg can you send me an email so I could pick your brain about this.

03ultra@mtaonline.net

I am a bit curious about this. Anyone know how the float is from Chena Hot Springs Road to Nordale? Could a 14 ft. round boat make it through ok?

Send me an email, for some reason I cannot send PM

03ultra@mtaonline.net

Quote Originally Posted by woodman6437 View Post
    I am a bit curious about this. Anyone know how the float is from Chena Hot Springs Road to Nordale? Could a 14 ft. round boat make it through ok?
    Send a me an email the PM is working for me...Thanks

03ultra@mtaonline.net

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by woodman6437 View Post
    not likely, the drop of the road side through the one of two front yards there... or the extensive log jamming just below the bridge in the 6 foot wide channel and the 90deg hair pin first off makes it a little hard... looked at it with my soar PP... and decided against it right off
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Maybe a canoe would be more feasible then. Measured it on GE and it is 16 river miles. I would probably make it an overnighter as I imagine it is a very slow moving river. Maybe I will ski it this winter so I can check it out.

Let us know what you find when you ski it. Be careful though and don't go to early, remember the trapper that fell through on his sled and called the troopers to save him, good thing he had his cell.

Default Doable

But Vinny is correct Pain in the rump at best. Tight Fit some lifting required logs etc.... Better options concerning your craft of choice. As stated not highly or even slightly recommend but doable.