Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Trout stream near Palmer?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    26

    Default Trout stream near Palmer?

    Hi, I'm heading to the fair this weekend and was wondering where there is a good stream near Palmer that I can throw some flies at trout for a bit? I'll have my wife with me, so I don't think I'll have much time to be hunting for streams, or hiking anywhere to get to them.

    Thanks in advance. Dan

  2. #2
    Member power drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Down wind of 2 Glaciers
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    There are trout in the kepler/bradley lakes area. Not much for trout in streams there.

  3. #3
    Moderator AKmud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,185

    Default

    I haven't tried it myself, but folks have told me there are decent trout near the mouth of Moose creek where it flows in to the Matanuska (a short walk from the parking lot).
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg


    The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    I haven't tried it myself, but folks have told me there are decent trout near the mouth of Moose creek where it flows in to the Matanuska (a short walk from the parking lot).
    Silvers and Chums in there right now as well.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    I really think the Palmer (matanuska) side is to steep for good trout populations. The Su side of the valley has a lot more habitat because the valley is so much wider. Also less glacial silt in the creeks and rivers over there. I have caught dollys in the Knik but never with any consistency.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Thanks for the info fellas. Unfortunately the fishing gear stayed in the trunk (still there too...). Had to bring some extra bodies back from the fair, so i wasn't able to make any time for kepler and/or moose creek. I really appreciate the feedback.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •