Thread: Anchorage Artist/Taxidermist Needed

Default Anchorage Artist/Taxidermist Needed

My taxidermist decided this year he will no longer be accepting full shoulder mount moose if I am lucky enough to harvest a respectable animal this year was hoping I could recommendations
    I am looking for a guy who's work stands out above the rest.

Thanks, Big 27
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Give Scott Schumway a call. He does some seriously custom work and is very average on pricing compared to what I have seen. You have to check out some of his stuff to believe it! Drop me a pm and I will give you his number.

Actually, I just saw you were from Fairbanks. Scott is in Anchorage so that will be a factor unless you cant find anyone up there that does quality moose work.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I usually use Last Frontier Taxidermy but when I called them last week to have the velvet preserved on my moose they said they were not excepting anything right now because they were trying to get caught up. Which is too bad because they did great work. Off the recomendation of a friend I took my moose to Fur and Feather Taxidermy. I looked around at some of the mounts he was working on and they looked really good. Prices were reasonable as well, might be worth looking into.

Try Foxy Beaver Taxidermy in Big Lake. A true professional and her mounts speak for themselves.

Ed
    Afflicted by condition human

I would recommend 2. The first is Lone Wolf Taxidermy and Wildlife Studio in Eagle River. 696-3611. Give him a call and go see his work before you decide. The second is Knight's. His place is on Arctic where the old Midnight SUn brewery was. You can also stop by and take a look. Russ is a good guy and does a lot of work so sometimes it takes awhile.

Try giving Mark Higgins a call. He is located in Anchorage. Very creative with his work and pays a lot of attention to detail, not just a taxidermist but an artist. I think his website is www.doubleshovel2010.com

D&C Expediters. They did my sheep, moose and will be doing my 'bou from this year. Very pleased by their work.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

I personally really like Foster's taxidermy between Palmer and Wasilla.