Thread: Moose partner bailed on me in Fairbanks need a new one.

Default Moose partner bailed on me in Fairbanks need a new one.

Well my moose partner told me today he didnt get the days off work that he requested so he wont be able to go.. At least he told me now so I have a week to find someone else instead of telling me the day before. Well my plan is this I am either driving to my spot on Tuesday evening at about 7pm to set up camp while there is still some day light left and be up at first light ready to hunt OR drive up at about 3am on the 1st and hang out in the Truck until first light. That will be weather dependent since it is a day hunt I would rather not sleep out in the rain if I didn't have to. My area is in 20B and I have been scouting it for a few weeks now I have seen 2 spikes 4 forks and 2 big bulls in the area. So the bulls are there I will be setting out on the main trail VIA ATV then walking to glass and hopefully get the bull. This will be my first time taking a moose but I have tagged along on 2 other successful moose hunts where I lent my hand in quartering and packing out meat so I have a pretty good Idea of what I am getting into I only have a single place trailer for now but could rent a bigger one if needed. If it came down to it I would even let you take a bull first as Im just looking to get out and enjoy the outdoors there is also the possibility of being able to get a black bear as they have been around the area based on all the tracks and scat I have seen out there Grizzly season also re opens on the first as they are out there as well. So if we dont get a moose hopefully we could bag a bear. It is about an hour drive out of fairbanks then another 45 minutes or so on the atv trail to the walking spot My atv is only 2WD and makes it rather easily so you shouldnt have any problems with any wheelers getting stuck and if you do that is why I have a winch. Oh well so sorry about the long post just trying to give as much details about the hunt to see if there is any interests if so either respond on here or shoot me a PM or email thanks!

P.M. sent--
    Paul

I know some guys you can take LOL, Seriously though we are not going up that far if you came down to unit 13 you could hang with us and you could use one of our wheelers as well.

Lol after reading your thread on how they almost killed themselves I think I will pass! Haha I replied to your PM Paul.