Thread: A little help with the rules please

Default A little help with the rules please

I was flying around yesterday and would have like to land to take a few pictures but don't really know the rules for beach landing. Specifically, I was looking at Polly Creeka and Silver Salmon Creek. My intention is not to trespass on private property but I see areas that would look doable for landing my 172 and would like to try somehting different, which is the reason I bought the plane in the first place. Can a guy land on beach strips without the fear of getting shot for tresspassing? What are the rules regarding rivers and beaches?

I land at each place all the time. Are you talking about landing on the beach itself, or at Johny's strip at Polly creek? Beaches are fair game, but other strips are more than likely to be private. I have yet to meet a guy that would try and shoot you for landing on a strip in the middle of nowhere to answer the call of nature... That is always a good excuse to get out and stretch your legs, and most dont have an issue with it.

I have also found that it never hurts to keep a bottle of "trespass" whiskey in the plane to hand out either!

at Silver Salmon, land on the north side of the creek beach. There is a wind sock on the shore of the north beach and they use 122.95.

Thank you for the info. I would prefer o land on the strip since I have no beach landing experience but will stick to the beach to be polite. I will look for the wind sock next time down. Thanks again.