Thread: Delta Jct pit blinds

Default Delta Jct pit blinds

Does anyone know who rents the pit blinds in Delta Jct? I have gone to C&S the last couple yrs, while nice people we have had zero luck & I had heard there was actual in ground pits blinds close to Delta that someone rents out.

Any info would be appreciated.

I haven't heard of any pit blinds nor do I know any farmer willing to let folks dig in his field......but I will talk to two goose guides when they return from sheep hunting....

Thanks Vern, I know it may sound crazy but it was someone fairly close to town, & the land owner put in the pit blind & rented it out.

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    Does anyone know who rents the pit blinds in Delta Jct? I have gone to C&S the last couple yrs, while nice people we have had zero luck & I had heard there was actual in ground pits blinds close to Delta that someone rents out.

Any info would be appreciated.
    I went to C&S a few years ago however the birds were not moving the day I went there. It would be have been a productive set up if the birds were moving. I don't know of any other places.

I dont think pit blinds are legal here i might be mistaken though i thought I read it in the regs

Quote Originally Posted by geoff156 View Post
    I dont think pit blinds are legal here i might be mistaken though i thought I read it in the regs
    It is not legal to use a pit to trap an animal, but it is not illegal to use a pit to conceal a hunter for taking waterfowl.

I am interested as well. I have done C/S charters one time last year and didnt see a blooming thing. I am looking for anything else in the Fairbanks/North Pole/Delta area. I wanna get some geese.

Good luck with that....was down there twice last week...opening day and Saturday. Had some luck with specks on the 1st. Saturday was 12 hours of absolutely nothing.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

C&S is your best bet in Delta there is another outfit but very unproffesional. Hunting is hunting if you book a hunt and don't see anything its just bad timing the birds are not thick all year and flights are spotty you could hunt one day and see nothing and then limit out the next morning in 30 min. Its all about the timing