Thread: Fish this weekend?

Default Fish this weekend?

Was out on a bou and moose hunt last weekend so I haven't been fishing for a while. I did see some folks on Montana and Sheep last weekend on the way home. Can anyone tell me if there are any decent fish left up the valley way? We were thinking about sheep creek slough? Montana? Just looking for some tight lines not expecting any freshies anyone been up that way this week that can give us some feedback?

Think trout!

Ha, Trout may be the ticket.

I fished Montana last sunday late morning. There were fish, mainly pinks/chums, but some silvers. I saw about 6 caught in the 2 hours I stayed. I did not catch anything, but spinners (blue foxes) seemed to outfish spoons (pixies). I don't know if this will mean anything to you or make sense.........but if you wade out as far as is safe from the braided mouth, and walk downstream as far as you can (across from the bank fishermen at the end of a submerged island) you will nail tons of fish. However it's far out and not a good spot for kids.
    I have fished Eklutna tailrace recently too. I fished it last night, and last friday. In both cases there were some nice silvers being caught, but not many. I saw 3 caught last night in 3 hours of fishing until almost dark. There were about two dozen people. I did see lots of fish, rolling, jumping, basically laughing at us.

I've heard that the slough is very good, but didn't stop to fish it. (was told on monday at work that it was hot, but of course drove right by it).

Default Was it Rabbit Slough your refering to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akbrownsfan View Post
    I've heard that the slough is very good, but didn't stop to fish it. (was told on monday at work that it was hot, but of course drove right by it).
    Do you know if it was hot up or down stream? Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by john.ripple View Post
    Do you know if it was hot up or down stream? Thanks for the tip!
    I have heard other wise, so I guess it is one of those times where you might just have to go look huh? I live in that area and I hear airboats running around there (mouth) so they must be chasing some thing. It Should be worht a look.

Default Wasilla Creek

Well I guess I'll give it a shot this weekend and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

Thanks folks! We may just start at Montana and work our way down.. It's the last weekend I am going to fish since Moose is in so I guess we will giver hell one more time..