Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 152

Thread: 48-Inch Ram?!?!

  1. #1
    Premium Member Wyo2AK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Spenard
    Posts
    1,232

    Default 48-Inch Ram?!?!

    Got the attached pdf in an email today. The accompanying info is below (I removed the "to"/"from"s in the email). Anyone else heard about this? Assuming it's legitimate, that's one hell of a ram!! Maybe I need to move???

    48” ram…one of those deals where it looks so big you’re not sure if it’s real…almost big enough it looks like a Marco Polo ram from Asia. I guess my dad got some reliable info while he was in glennallen and it’s supposed to legitimate.

    I’m in GA and found out the story on the ram. It’s titled subsistence ram because it was taken in the Wrangels where only local rural residents are allowed to hunt. This was real close to ***** and my hunting territory, just behind Kennicot. It was taken across the valley from where I got the ram that caused me to end up in a cast.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

  2. #2
    Member moses42ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Holy $#!^ that's a lot of ram!! Not sure if it's photoshopped or not. Did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I guess we'll see. I notice the pdf is labeled "subsistance ram". Not really sure where it would have been taken. If they did photoshop it, they did a good job!

  3. #3

    Default

    That's a heckava sheep.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member Hunt'N'Photos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Good god!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

    To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

  5. #5
    Premium Member Wyo2AK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Spenard
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moses42ak View Post
    I notice the pdf is labeled "subsistance ram". Not really sure where it would have been taken.
    I'm guessing the hard park, wrangells.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

  6. #6

    Default

    Just heard about this ram this weekend. Shot in the hard park.

  7. #7
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,394

    Default

    Whoa. That's a whole lot of sheep. No surprise that it was taken in the hard park, but hats off to the hunter regardless.

  8. #8

    Default

    WOW! What else is there to say?

  9. #9
    Member Kotton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Anchorage ak
    Posts
    652

    Default

    That guy on the left sure looks like kodiakrain,those pics look like a double horn on the skull trick exept that vertical one looks really real.But keep in mind,all records can not stand forever!!

  10. #10
    Member kahahawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Wow...the news gets around quick, yes its true....it was just taken the other day.

  11. #11

    Default

    Awesome ram.....anyone heard what the bases tape out at????

  12. #12

    Default

    Just found out that a buddy of mine was in on it. I heard 47 3/4 with 12" bases and green score at 182.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    But keep in mind,all records can not stand forever!!
    If taken on a Subsistence Harvest, it cannot be recorded in the B&C, unless something has changed in their qualifications.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  14. #14

    Default

    Akres, your right. It won't be entered, but just sharing what it would score according to B&C. It is a "subsistence" ram! I bet it tastes really good!

  15. #15
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Why can't it be entered? Legal hunt, fair chase, etc. etc. Never heard anything before about fed reg taken critters being ineligible.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Why can't it be entered? Legal hunt, fair chase, etc. etc. Never heard anything before about fed reg taken critters being ineligible.
    Hard Park...Exclusive hunting rights....not to be at all confused with it being a privelege.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  17. #17

    Default

    MT, you might be right. I know a few years ago when Claus entered his kids and it caused quite an uproar. I think they may have changed the rules, but not 100% sure on that one.

  18. #18
    Member fullkurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska/Idaho
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Just found out that a buddy of mine was in on it. I heard 47 3/4 with 12" bases and green score at 182.
    Wow...just wow. Hope to hear the story behind this, subsistence or not.

    There are probably other 180+ monsters tucked away in the hidden recesses of the hard park...seldom seen by the eyes of man.
    Proud to be an American!

  19. #19

    Default

    It is a HARD PARK ram. I need to start doing my research into the area I want to get into in the hard park. I know this type of sheep is in there. Need to do it before I am too old.

  20. #20

    Default

    For those of us in SE who aren't into sheep hunting.. (yet) Where is Hard Park, and why can you hunt it only fed subsistence?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •