Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 48-Inch Ram?!?!

Default 48-Inch Ram?!?!

Got the attached pdf in an email today. The accompanying info is below (I removed the "to"/"from"s in the email). Anyone else heard about this? Assuming it's legitimate, that's one hell of a ram!! Maybe I need to move???

48” ram…one of those deals where it looks so big you’re not sure if it’s real…almost big enough it looks like a Marco Polo ram from Asia. I guess my dad got some reliable info while he was in glennallen and it’s supposed to legitimate.

I’m in GA and found out the story on the ram. It’s titled subsistence ram because it was taken in the Wrangels where only local rural residents are allowed to hunt. This was real close to ***** and my hunting territory, just behind Kennicot. It was taken across the valley from where I got the ram that caused me to end up in a cast.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Holy $#!^ that's a lot of ram!! Not sure if it's photoshopped or not. Did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I guess we'll see. I notice the pdf is labeled "subsistance ram". Not really sure where it would have been taken. If they did photoshop it, they did a good job!

That's a heckava sheep.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Good god!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by moses42ak View Post
    I notice the pdf is labeled "subsistance ram". Not really sure where it would have been taken.
    I'm guessing the hard park, wrangells.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Just heard about this ram this weekend. Shot in the hard park.

Whoa. That's a whole lot of sheep. No surprise that it was taken in the hard park, but hats off to the hunter regardless.

WOW! What else is there to say?

That guy on the left sure looks like kodiakrain,those pics look like a double horn on the skull trick exept that vertical one looks really real.But keep in mind,all records can not stand forever!!

Wow...the news gets around quick, yes its true....it was just taken the other day.

Awesome ram.....anyone heard what the bases tape out at????

Just found out that a buddy of mine was in on it. I heard 47 3/4 with 12" bases and green score at 182.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    But keep in mind,all records can not stand forever!!
    If taken on a Subsistence Harvest, it cannot be recorded in the B&C, unless something has changed in their qualifications.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Akres, your right. It won't be entered, but just sharing what it would score according to B&C. It is a "subsistence" ram! I bet it tastes really good!

Why can't it be entered? Legal hunt, fair chase, etc. etc. Never heard anything before about fed reg taken critters being ineligible.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Why can't it be entered? Legal hunt, fair chase, etc. etc. Never heard anything before about fed reg taken critters being ineligible.
    Hard Park...Exclusive hunting rights....not to be at all confused with it being a privelege.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

MT, you might be right. I know a few years ago when Claus entered his kids and it caused quite an uproar. I think they may have changed the rules, but not 100% sure on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Just found out that a buddy of mine was in on it. I heard 47 3/4 with 12" bases and green score at 182.
    Wow...just wow. Hope to hear the story behind this, subsistence or not.

There are probably other 180+ monsters tucked away in the hidden recesses of the hard park...seldom seen by the eyes of man.
    Proud to be an American!

It is a HARD PARK ram. I need to start doing my research into the area I want to get into in the hard park. I know this type of sheep is in there. Need to do it before I am too old.

For those of us in SE who aren't into sheep hunting.. (yet) Where is Hard Park, and why can you hunt it only fed subsistence?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast