Thread: where to go

Default where to go

just found out that we are going to alaska, itinerary is pretty much wide open, but we want some fish. (ocean fresh) gonna be fishing from shore, unless we find a good, cheap charter (is there that combination?) or someone who has a couple of open seats. Trying to decide on Homer, Valdez, or both and in which order. flying in on saturday the 28th, out a week from sunday (5th) get motorhome on sunday 29th. where can we (16 year old boy, and his old dad catch some fish?

To answer one of your questions from my VERY limited experience:
    a good, cheap charter (is there that combination?)- probably not going to happen. Check out the thread in this section about making a good charter. But I have found that cost has nothing to do with charter / fishing quality.

I have never fished to ocean from shore, so I'm of no help there. If interested, there are several areas on the Kenai River that have shore fishing. Not real sure on the quality of fish, but is an option.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dayooper View Post
    just found out that we are going to alaska, itinerary is pretty much wide open, but we want some fish. (ocean fresh) gonna be fishing from shore, unless we find a good, cheap charter (is there that combination?) or someone who has a couple of open seats. Trying to decide on Homer, Valdez, or both and in which order. flying in on saturday the 28th, out a week from sunday (5th) get motorhome on sunday 29th. where can we (16 year old boy, and his old dad catch some fish?
    I would try Homer. There are a few "good" and "cheap" charters here. Just have to do some research.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    I would try Homer. There are a few "good" and "cheap" charters here. Just have to do some research.
    mutt... pm sent