Thread: Wall-of-text disease

Lightbulb Wall-of-text disease

Sadly most forum software has a hard time with paragraph style writing which sometimes can cause wall-of-text symptoms in the users.

If you suffer from wall-of-text disease you can treat this ailment with a hefty dose of a single period then move on with a stroke or two of the enter key.

As a former member of the WOT club all I can say is..
    thanks for all the fun. Great stories. I was wondering about your coat. Is it fleece? Thought it may be wool but really did not know. Maybe I can check the catalog for further info. Anyways the trail was a *****. Darn wheelers kept getting chain stuck. You know what chain stuck is? pffftttt. My winch was better than yours!! One day at band camp I stuck a .... You can see the point im making. Oh wait you said im..it is actually I'm. A contraction for I am. Then I shot the moose

Sarcasm? Yup..very thick.

Now..Go pack for moose season. You have seven days.

Good point the key is hitting enter 2x. Otherwise you you will end up with the next sentence only one line below and depending on were on the line you hit enter, it may have been only a character or two from word wrapping anyway so take this sentence and the one after it, there is no sign that I ever broke paragraph.
    This is what happens with only one enter used (I hit enter 1 time after the word paragraph)

This issue is further complicated by the lack of the "TAB" function in most browser text windows. Tab is used by browsers to jump the cursor from one fillable field to the next, so it is useless for inserting the proper page indentation. As you can see by the way this paragraph is separated from the last however the use of the enter key 2x provides a nice easy the read single empty line between paragraphs.
    Last edited by Man1c M0g; 08-25-2010 at 14:48.

I've edited a few 'walls' before to get them into paragraph style, but didn't want to offend anybody, so I quit...

This is a good tip and thread,

hunt ak, that is a cool thing to do in my opinion, those walls are pretty tough to read. wouldn't be offended if you fixed something I wrote that way,

Somewhere, early on, I read the "Enter twice" trick for paragraphs and really think it helps the reader.

Thought I had it figured out by copy/pasting from a Word document after editing a story.

I then realized it had turned into a Wall in the actual post, man that was a frantic twenty minutes trying to go through and EnterEnter throughout, to make it readable
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    This is a good tip and thread,

hunt AK, that is a cool thing to do in my opinion, those walls are pretty tough to read. wouldn't be offended if you fixed something I wrote that way,

Somewhere, early on, I read the "Enter twice" trick for paragraphs and really think it helps the reader.

Thought I had it figured out by copy/pasting from a Word document after editing a story.

I then realized it had turned into a Wall in the actual post, man that was a frantic twenty minutes trying to go through and EnterEnter throughout, to make it readable
    when i copy paste from a word doc. i click on the xA A in the left corner of the reply box, it is the REMOVE TEXT FORMATTING that is what keeps it like you typed it and drops all the >?/< []{} symbols back off the text..

copy from word, paste to reply, highlight it all blue and click the double A with red X button.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here