Thread: Question on "fly in" charter's

Default Question on "fly in" charter's

Could someone give some info on hunting charter's for the interior?i don't need a guided trip because i do not want to pay all that much.Thank's

Any particular area in the interior?

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    Any particular area in the interior?
    nowhere in particular i guess.i live in fairbanks so i guess anywhere within a couple hundred mile's.i should have been more specific sorry.i just moved here so i don't know too much place's.i am really interested in hunting around the denali area.

Well, in the eastern interior (Tok) there is 40 Mile Air who has a good reputation. You could search on here for them and probably find quite a few hunt reports. They are on the web at http://www.fortymileair.com/. Near Delta I'd recommend Golden Eagle Outfitters (Jim Cummings). http://www.alaskawildernessexpeditions.com/aboutus.html.

Both of these places are within 200 miles of Fairbanks. I'm not familiar with them, but there must be numerous charters available out of Fairbanks.

Good luck.

Wright Air over at the Fairbanks Airport is another you should call. Coyote Air is another. What are you wanting to hunt? Alone or group? Do you have your own gear and have the experience to get dropped into the middle of the area and do well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    Wright Air over at the Fairbanks Airport is another you should call. Coyote Air is another. What are you wanting to hunt? Alone or group? Do you have your own gear and have the experience to get dropped into the middle of the area and do well?
    i want to get my first bear.it doesn't matter if it's a brown bear or black.i don't hunt alone but i don't like to hunt in a group bigger than three .i have the gear and i have experience.

Not sure you need to foot the bill for a flyout to bag a bear - lots of blackies and griz in the Interior, if you go to the local sporting good store and chat up some locals, you might get some general ideas on areas where you cold hike in off the road system.

If you're set on a flyout, all 4 of the charters listed above have excellent reputations.