Thread: lower troublesome creek hunting

Default lower troublesome creek hunting

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever hunted or heard of anyone hunting down there.I spoke to the game warden and was told i had to be 1/4 mile from the road/trail.While i was hunting down there,i came across a ridiculously larg amount of bear sign"(skat,prints etc.)i am really looking forward to going there again.Any info or tips for that area would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Yep, I did a little late season bear hunting there last year. I found the upper trail to be better. Lots of bears. brown & black in the area. I had a black come into a pedator call i was blowing. I did not take him. I was alone and in need of back sugery so I was worried about getting him out. I just let him walk. I did not pull the trigger but had a great hunt.

My back is now fixed and depending on how the season goes, I might have to break out the call and try it again in late Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by borderblue1 View Post
    Yep, I did a little late season bear hunting there last year. I found the upper trail to be better. Lots of bears. brown & black in the area. I had a black come into a pedator call i was blowing. I did not take him. I was alone and in need of back sugery so I was worried about getting him out. I just let him walk. I did not pull the trigger but had a great hunt.

My back is now fixed and depending on how the season goes, I might have to break out the call and try it again in late Sept.
    i have never hunted the upper portion,i just figured that if the salmon were running near the mouth,there would be more bear there.,thanks for the tip.i won't be able to hunt for the rest of the year though august was my last trip of the year since i have a baby on the way.