Thread: Anyone load Barnes XXX for .375HH ?

Default Anyone load Barnes XXX for .375HH ?

Looking for info. I have loaded up a few using RL15 and the 270 grain bullets. Would like to compare notes.

I have a T/C Encore in .375 H&H that I load 270 grain TSX's for. I'll have to check my load when I get home. I don't have a chronograph though.

I looked at my load and it's 76.0 grains of RL-15. That load gave me about .8" groups at 100 yards. I'm not showing any signs of pressure but I chose to stop there since it was the max listed in Barnes #3. I know the book says you should be able to go 1 or 2 grains more when using TSX's but I didn't feel comfortable going more. I'm still a relative neophyte to reloading and don't know enough to mess around with max loads.

My load for the TSX is the same (76 grains of RL-15). Consistent accuracy in my rifle (Browning A-Bolt)...I also do not have chronoghraphic data to share. As stated by K9 that is a max load, so back it off and work up. Also check the archives on this forum for more information...several of us like the .375H&H.
    Doc