Thread: Starbucks Via's very own post.

Default Starbucks Via's very own post.

I have only recently climbed out from under my rock and stumbled into starbucks for the first time in a long time. I heard about some instant coffee they were making and thought it was worth a try. A little skeptical, I hesitantly bought a 3 pack of columbian roast to give it a test drive.

I will be leaving my percolator at home this moose season.
    These small packets eliminate the 'need' to haul any coffee gear to the bush.

I've seen some other posts where this stuff comes up at the end of the thread and thought it should get it's very own headline.

Happy Hunting!
    Thank you, God, for making so many wonderful creatures. Thank you, not only for that, but also for making them out of meat!

I prefer Peet's Arabian Mocha Java in press pot grind (from Peet's website) and my stainless french press. However, having used the Starbuck's instant, I agree, it is good coffee. No doubt about it. If weight/bulk is a big issue, these instants will impress anyone I feel. Taste very much like a "real" cup of joe. Good product. More widely available now than when I tried it a year or two back. Some grocery stores even carry it.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I tried this for the first time this year... takes instant to an acceptable level. Between this stuff and my jetboil I can be a happy camper for a long time in the field. I'm not a huge Starbucks fan but I'm much less of a Folgers fan. For instant it is great coffee.

Note to self............ pick up Starbucks when passing through skAnchorage....
    Now what ?

Personally, I'm sold on my jetboil french press attachment. I just bring along a ziplock of freshly ground beans, then every morning I can have truly good coffee for only a few ounces of extra weight. Better yet, there is no trash to deal with other than a single ziplock bag.

I think the Via instant is great. Instead of the bulk of coffee and a press you can can throw in a dozen packs of instant and a whole bottle of Irish cream in a water bottle and bring with and be miles ahead in enjoyability.

It's the best instant coffee I have ever tried. I was surprised.

I take the Medaglia d'Oro instant espresso, available at most Carr's/Safeways. I think it's just as good as the Starbucks, and a heckuva lot cheaper. That Starbuck's stuff can run you close to a buck per dose!