Thread: Any Tok Sheep hunters?

Default Any Tok Sheep hunters?

Just wondering if anyone has hunted the TMA this year. Looking for any information on the weather, sheep population, hunter success, etc.

I'll be hunting the last 10 days of the season, flying out with 40 Mile Air.

Thanks,
    Richard

I know of a 36" ram, a 38" ram with 14" bases, and a 36x40 ram so far this season from the TMA. I think we will have an early winter and there will be snow! It snowed up high on Thursday and was still snow up there somewhat as of yesterday. I see the mountains right out from the house, so have a good idea of how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has hunted the TMA this year. Looking for any information on the weather, sheep population, hunter success, etc.

I'll be hunting the last 10 days of the season, flying out with 40 Mile Air.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Leaving tomorrow for Tok to fly out Friday with 40 Mile for DS103. I'll post my findings.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Default Rain Rain Rain

Just got back yesterday from my DS103 hunt and it was an adventure.Rained hard every day of our hunt. We got up high and got into a mini blizzard. Got into Sheep a couple of times, but were just under legal. I looked through my spotting scope for 45 minutes and would not grow the extra inch and a half needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Well....I guess we have that to look forward to. Maybe I'll pack some snowshoes!