Thread: FireFighter from Iowa?

Cool FireFighter from Iowa?

Well I am going out on a limb here but I am up here staying with my buddy IUSCKeeper and loving my time up here. I was up last year for two weeks and decided it needs to be at least a once a year thing until i can find a job opening at a fire dept up here. Well enough of that I guess I am just wondering if anyone would be willing to take me out and show me the ropes halibut or silver fishing, I have never fished the ocean and would absolutely be thrilled with the opportunity to go out with someone and see if we could catch some fish. I would be willing to pay for some fuel and whatever else...I just would really like to get out, maybe even for some rockfish or cod? Or does anyone know a good charter service out of ninilchek, homer or seward...I have went on trips like this with members from other forums and have come away with some good friends so thought i would try here before i booked a charter....Thanks in advance for any info or willingness to take me out with you.

Anyone with any charter suggestions???

Quote Originally Posted by IAfirefighter86 View Post
    Anyone with any charter suggestions???
    I'm really surprised no one has replied to you yet.

I hate to say this, but I think you're not going to find a lot of people that are just willing to take you out and "show you the ropes". I'd consider it, but I'm kind of busy with clients. I hate to sound "money hungry" but it's how I make a living. I love to fish, but I also love being able to pay my rent.

If you're looking for a charter try Jim Lavrakas at Skookum Charters (Cliffhanger on this forum) or www.akskookumcharters.com. He is one of the most "stand up" guys I know, knows where the fish are (if I haven't found them first) and will get you into fish. If he can't accommodate you I'm sure he can give you some suggestions as to someone that can.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Didn't mean to sound like i wanted it for free i was going to at least split fuel costs if someone was going out anyways or i guess just see if i could get by a little cheaper than on a charter and maybe with a few less people being only a 2nd year ff and just bought a house trying to scrape buy as best i can but still have enough for the bills but then again everyone knows how that is thanks for the Reply....Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by IAfirefighter86 View Post
    Didn't mean to sound like i wanted it for free i was going to at least split fuel costs if someone was going out anyways or i guess just see if i could get by a little cheaper than on a charter and maybe with a few less people being only a 2nd year ff and just bought a house trying to scrape buy as best i can but still have enough for the bills but then again everyone knows how that is thanks for the Reply....Tyler
    Yeah, understandable. But all I was saying is the reason you haven't gotten any replies is because there aren't many people out there that will just take someone out they don't know just for gas. There is a "Take me fishing" posting you might want to try, but I have a feeling you're not going to do much better there.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

I'm a firefighter in Anchorage, and would be all over taking you out of Homer where I keep my boat... if I wasn't knee deep in family from 'Outside'. I've been playing tour guide, fishing guide and referee for 3 sets of brother-in-laws and their wives... TRUST me, I wish I could help. I'll be glad to get back to work....

How long are you here for...?
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

I'm here until tuesday morning, I wrote you and email as well. Thanks for the reply.