Thread: atv tires for paved roads and dirt and gravel around the town and the house..

Question atv tires for paved roads and dirt and gravel around the town and the house..

what type of tires that would be good for all around use around the town roads of paved roads and dirt and gravel roads along with snow also on the road in the winter for the quick trips to the house and the store in town along with a trip to local eating place also..

For all of that just save your money and use the ones that came on the wheeler.

exactly. use stock ones for around town, and good ones for trails and offroad.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

If you do get oversized or really agressive tires remember that they can do some funny grabbing especially on paved roads.

thank you for the info

i found a company that does a set of all season road tires that are design for the use of paved road and some dirt and gravel along with the snow ..

the reason why i asked the question was when i home i was watching a guy get sideways a couple of times on paved road inside a little town that we had stoped at for gas and the people where running around on a quads on the dirt and gravel and paved streets inside the town to get things from the diff places inside the little town ..both times when the guy got on the gas to go the quad got a little sideways on the road there ..

Most of the wheelers today will get sideways especially with a bit of gravel/mud/loose dirt. They have a lot more power than the older ones. Buy a wheeler with a decent set of stock tires. Run them until you find that they are not agresive enough for your use, then upgrade. If you buy a "3 wheel wonder" you will find that you need beter tires sooner. 3 wheel wonder refers to the older open differential style wheelers where only one front tire pulls.

Odds are if he was "getting sideways" he was doing it on purpose. When I am on pavement I just take it easy and cruise. I put 5 years on a set of stock polaris tires in the 90's running all sorts of road side trails and a good amount of pavement and gravel. The guy on the throttle controls what it does and I can't see spending extra dollars on special tires for what the stockers will do just fine. Now for mud and muskeg type ridding I will spend the extra cash!

thanks for the info.. basically iam going to use it for around the place and not really off road with quick trip into town here and there ..