Thread: Eklutna Tailrace and Goat Creek

Cool Eklutna Tailrace and Goat Creek

Just wondering if anyone has any fishing reports for Eklutna Tailrace or Goat Creek. I have been out working all summer and have been out of the loop. Thanks

I've been to the Tailrace 3 times in the last month. Always early in the morning. No fish caught. I've seen only 2 landed (both silvers, one dime bright, the other very blushed). One caught on an orange Vibrax #5, and the other soaking eggs on the bottom.

Good luck, and beware of momma bear and 3 cubs!

Been twice. Saw a TON of fish. Was there a couple hours and literally saw only one hooked. They are like ninjas.
    Thank God for people who don't fish!! Not much would get done without them =)

Quote Originally Posted by AkCrimson View Post
    Been twice. Saw a TON of fish. Was there a couple hours and literally saw only one hooked. They are like ninjas.
    Been like that the last few times I went. Seems like there are a lot of Reds in there too. Friend of mine hooked some spawned out reds in there the other day, and I accidentaly hooked some a few weeks ago. That could explain all the fish jumping and not biting. Might give it a try Thursday and post back.

Hit eklutna at 4am and its go time
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

I wasn't all that shocked that they weren't hitting anything. Fish can be picky, and they get stuff thrown in front of them constantly. But with as many fish as I saw rolling, I was beyond myself that people weren't at least snagging them, if accidentally or not, at all. Not one.
    Thank God for people who don't fish!! Not much would get done without them =)