Thread: Eklutna Tailrace and Goat Creek

Cool Eklutna Tailrace and Goat Creek

Just wondering if anyone has any fishing reports for Eklutna Tailrace or Goat Creek. I have been out working all summer and have been out of the loop. Thanks

I've been to the Tailrace 3 times in the last month. Always early in the morning. No fish caught. I've seen only 2 landed (both silvers, one dime bright, the other very blushed). One caught on an orange Vibrax #5, and the other soaking eggs on the bottom.

Good luck, and beware of momma bear and 3 cubs!

Been twice. Saw a TON of fish. Was there a couple hours and literally saw only one hooked. They are like ninjas.

Quote Originally Posted by AkCrimson View Post
    Been twice. Saw a TON of fish. Was there a couple hours and literally saw only one hooked. They are like ninjas.
    Been like that the last few times I went. Seems like there are a lot of Reds in there too. Friend of mine hooked some spawned out reds in there the other day, and I accidentaly hooked some a few weeks ago. That could explain all the fish jumping and not biting. Might give it a try Thursday and post back.

Hit eklutna at 4am and its go time
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

I wasn't all that shocked that they weren't hitting anything. Fish can be picky, and they get stuff thrown in front of them constantly. But with as many fish as I saw rolling, I was beyond myself that people weren't at least snagging them, if accidentally or not, at all. Not one.