Thread: brooks grizzly regulations

Smile brooks grizzly regulations

With all the guys headed up the haul road I was hoping everyone knew about this change in the bear regulations. Help the muskoxen out!
    http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/pubs/...08-05-2010.pdf
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

I was up there this weekend. Didn't see one grizz, wish I had. I did know about the changes and I was ready and waiting. Figured there would be a few roaming around with all the gut piles around PS2.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Well, does anyone know where the muskox herd they are concerned about is located? From reading it sounds like its still bowhunting in the corredor. But opening it up to rifle would really make a difference! Maybe next year if not enough are harvested.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

It opens to rifle in two days, outside the corridor of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollybug View Post
    Well, does anyone know where the muskox herd they are concerned about is located? From reading it sounds like its still bowhunting in the corredor. But opening it up to rifle would really make a difference! Maybe next year if not enough are harvested.
    We saw quite a few muskox up off the Haul road, south of Prudhoe maybe 10-20 miles on Friday.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.