Thread: Private land north of Atigun Pass??

Default Private land north of Atigun Pass??

I am driving up from the lower 48 next week for a moose/caribou combo hunt off of the Haul Rd. The plan is to access back country via air boat in unit 24 for the first portion of the hunt (6-7 days) after which we want to drive north of Atigun Pass and chase caribou. However, I just noticed that in the Alaska hunting regs, most of the land north of Atigun Pass and outside the special corridor is white - does this mean it is private? If it is private, is access allowed? I am aware of the Prudhoe Bay Closed Area, but am wondering about the southern poriton of unit B. This wouldn't ruin my planned hunt by any means, but I don't really want to travel 3,500 miles to get hit with a trespass citation. Also, is any one aware of of a location to buy detailed land maps of the area in question in Fairbanks? I will be traveling through on a Sunday, so I think my options might be limited. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

North Pole

That land is not private, no issues for you there. Also for maps you can go to Sportsmans Warehouse in Fairbanks and print some out. They have a national geographic program with computer and printer there to print the maps you want. Here are a couple websites to check out for maps and boundaries.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine