Thread: Maxxis 31 help!

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

Default Maxxis 31 help!

I'm thinking about investing in a new Hoyt Maxxis 31 from Full Curl Archery. Anybody have experience or suggestions? Being that I live in Kodiak and we don't have much of a choice of bows I have opted to try one out. Any pros/cons would be greatly appreciated. That's a lot of green to invest into a bow that I can't personally check out right now. Do you think it wise to buy a bow sight unseen? Don't get me wrong I love doing business with Cy here in Kodiak but I'm getting ansy to try something new, and all he sells now is Martin. Also if you guys have any other bows that you have in mind I am open to suggestions. This will be my first Hoyt. I have shot Martin, Bear and Browning before. I hear good things about Hoyt and that as well of Dave @ FC. Thanks again,
    Hope everyone is having a good season filling the freezer,
    Rob

Do you currently shoot a bow with a short ata like that? Personally I would want to shoot the 31 before I bought it and would think about going with 35 if you have a long draw. You can't go wrong with a Hoyt though.
    Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Good choice! Of shops

Dave and Joni will treat you right no matter what bow you choose.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Lots of people shoot short axle to axle bows, but they are not for me. If your draw is over 28" I would be definately looking at the Maxxis 35. With my draw of 29.25" I personally love 35 to 36" axle to axle bows.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I shoot the 31 its light weight and smooth draw all round good bow also quiet not the fastest out there but still has a good ibo Speed. With Hoyt you have the best limbs hands down. Just make sure you shoot it if you can but buying a flagship bow you shouldnt go wrong. everyone will have and opinion but what suits you is your choice just try as many different bows that you do have a choice of.

Hoythunter,

Hoythunter,
    I appreciate your insight. What kind of accessories do you shoot with? I'm looking at setting it up with the

I shoot spot hogg sights and a donker stabilizer with a ripcord rest

I agree Spott Hogg is a great choice, kinda spendy but solid, great to adjust,good warranty.

Also shoot a short limb bow if possible before buying they take a little getting used to but are nice if you have to move through brush.

Have a maxxis 35 and it is smooth and forgiving, my buddy went with 31 and loves it my draw is 30 so didn't quite fit me. Hoyts are great bows.

One note with the quicker bow I had to go with a stiffer arrow to get them to spine properly.

I am considering the Maxxis 31 as well. My 25.5" draw length shouldn't be an issue lol but I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet either to check it out. If you end up going with the 31 I would love to hear what you have to say after shooting it for awhile. And hands down you can't go wrong with a Hoyt!
    "Grab your bow and let's go!"

I appreciate all your comments! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the Hoyt Maxxis but can't figure out whether I want the 31 or 35. The one thing that stinks is that I'm on the boat right now and won't be able to check one out until this winter sometime. I mean part of me is just saying the h3ll with it just buy the 31 and let her rip. I mean i think with a 28.25/28.5 draw length i should be good with a shorter bow. I mean it would be nice for in the brush. The only thing I'm cautious about is the price. Then again who isn't. It isn't hard talking yourself out of something if the price is steep but you only live once right? I know that it will put a lot of meat in the freezer. I'm thinking of shooting FOBs as well. I hear a lot of good things about them. Anyways, if you guys have anymore suggestions I'm all ears. Hopefully I can put down a few deer down with it this fall/winter. Thanks, again

Rob

The new bow models come out in November..If you can wait there are usually discounts on the previous years models..but then again you might be tempted by the new ones:-)

I am sending you a PM with some info. I am here in Kodiak and have several bows if you want to try shooting them. My draw length is 27 and my bows are between 60 and 70 on the draw weights if that will work for you.

Mel

Maxxis 31 is a great Bow really smooth draw cycle and shoots really nice you will love that bow. Also Dave and Joni at Full Curl are really nice people and really good to deal with.

There is a thread on Bowsite that discusses the 31 vs 35 with a lot of first hand info and various opinions. I shoot an AM35 and love it, not many differences between the Maxxis and the Alpha max. I have Ripcord Code Red rest, Spott Hogg 5 .10 pin sight, and a Tight Spot quiver. I dont have a stab on it anymore because with the Tight Spots adjustability I can balance it well enough that I shoot the same with or without the stab.
    Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.