Thread: How much is an old-school S&W Model 63 worth?

Default How much is an old-school S&W Model 63 worth?

Its a Model 63 'kit gun' in .22 LR, 4" barrell, stainless, wood grips. Serial number 952xx. Looks exactly like the one in the picture.

model 63.jpg
    What are these worth? I'm looking into one.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

I believe the 63 was the only stainless gun to have the pinned barrel. I'm guessing between $600/$750.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Bought a nice one at the palmer show 2 years ago for 375.00. That was a little below market. The ones that actually sell on Gunbroker seem to be in the 550 range.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Looks like it books for $495 @ 100%

I think the pinned barrel bumps them up pretty good due to only being made a couple of years
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I think my 63 is the only gun I paid full retail for...and well worth it. Very nice gun. Good luck with your buy.

Just checked over on Gunbroker.com. About 20 for sale. A bunch in the 600-650 range but no buyers. The ones at 500 to 550 are selling. That tells you where the market is currently. Pinned barrel guns were made from 1977 till 1982, so there are quite a few pinned barrel guns out there. It doesn't really seem to drive the price up on these particular guns. The un-pinned get the same bids as pinned. Hope this helps.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I bought mine last year for $450. They are very nice firearms. If you check very many sites you will see a LOT of good deals that are sitting. I would say that the gun is certainly worth $500 and may even bring it. Depends on where you post it. Fact of the matter is that people are being very careful about their discretionary spending these days. Never the less, they are tough to find, because the people that have them, keep them. Maybe you could get it in Anchorage, people here and quite as scared as they are in the lower 48. There is a gun show coming up in early October. AGCA, right after the PFD's come out. I'd walk around with it out there (Palmer, raven hall) I'd bet it would sell for that price. Heck, if I didn't have one I'd buy it.