Thread: anchorage fly shop

Default anchorage fly shop

Looking for a good fly shop in Anchorage that also has float rentals.....any recommendations.

Keith at World Wide Anglers is my choice when it comes to fly shops. Not sure who has float rentals.
    World Wide has a web site to help find thier location.

Default Alaska Raft and Kayak

2Paws

You're best bet in Anchor Town for Raft / Cataraft Rental is Alaska Raft and Kayak.

Give Trace or Jeff a call at 1-800-606-5950.

Tight Lines!

Moose-O

Default World Wide Anglers

FYI: World Wide Anglers is in the process of moving to East 63rd Ave. (1 block south of Lake Otis and Dowling intersection - old Pinnacle Mountain Bike Shop location.) I drove by a couple days ago and still closed, but should be reopened soon! Also, if you get up to the valley, check out 3 Rivers Fly & Tackle in Wasilla on the Parks Hwy and Knik Goose Bay Road - lots of knowledge. Either place is good people!

Wyatt

Thanks for the input. Tried 3Rivers, but they no longer do float rentals....I plan on calling Worldwide in the next couple of days.

Still working on our plans and since the books have arrived, is starting to come together.

My intention is to get one of each of the recommended flys from that area for the fish we are going to target then start tying flys down here for the trip.

Is not looking real complex. Have checked out a few sites and the flys listed for river fishing Salmon appear to be mostly streamers. The flesh flys look a little different.

Will be bringing a 5 wt, 7wt, and a 10 wt, all floating line......and of course an assortment of spinning rods.

For Fly Shops-

Mountain View Sports-Huge selection of fly's and related gear and the oldest Fly shop in Anchorage. They're great to deal with.

McAfee's Fly Shop-A stop by Dennis' shop is always worthwhile.

World Wide-Fairly new but they know their fly fishing, looking forward to checking out their new store.

2pawsriver hit your PM

Does anybody still call world wide anglers, rod and reel?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.