Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Disability permits

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ft Richardson

    Default Disability permits

    Been awhile since I've been on here. Hoping some of you may have some info.

    Long story short, I lost a leg (AK) in Iraq. I am staying in the Army, so I already know I don't qualify for the disabled vet permits. You have to be separated to qualify as a "vet", don't get me started.

    While I have been down at Walter Reed, I have been out with the bow as often as possible. One thing I was able to get is a permit to use a quad or truck to hunt. Obviously there are restrictions on land usage and whatnot, but I was wondering if Alaska has any such program or access availability.

    I already know there are some areas I will not be able to hunt anymore, but getting out is one of the reasons I fell in love with Alaska. Just trying to find out what I will need to to modify to keep the freezer stocked.


  2. #2
    Member bushrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Now residing in Fairbanks from the bush



    Alaska has a methods and means disability permit, bottom of this page:

    But I think you have to get the permit at least 30 days prior to a hunt. Anyway, might check into that, call your local F&G office for particulars.
    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Member CGSwimmer25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Kodiak, Ak


    Not too sure about disability permits Josh, but just wanted to say thank you for your service. Keep practicing with that bow and get out there and hunt something!!

  4. #4



    I sent you an email last night w/ contact info for a hunt possibility in the Fairbanks area. Please call the number for more info.

    If you can get the time off then I'm sure that we can get you up here and in the field this season.

    send me an email if interested.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts